Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Here's an excerpt from wikipedia on Islamic Slaughtering:

Either way it is a moot point - both rituals are out-dated and inhumane imo.

I appreciate that back in the day perhaps those methods were quite likely the most 'humane' - but we've moved on since then

As I've stated, I cannot comment on Halal as I don't know much about it.

I can state with confidence that Kosher rituals involve the least suffering to an animal - one swift cut to the throat and the animal is dead. I can't see how that is 'inhumane'.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post

I can state with confidence that Kosher rituals involve the least suffering to an animal - one swift cut to the throat and the animal is dead. I can't see how that is 'inhumane'.

It is not, when humans bleed to death, no pain is involved they drift out of consciousness before they die as in brain haemorrhage etc.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Soooo,,,,, slicing into the jugular isnt painful?
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Thank you, yes I have eaten horse and of course rabbit which many people also keep as pets.
I used to breed and keep Rabbits for my own consumption

i rember a few years ago my now adult step-son said he had never eaten rabbit or duck - until i told him otherwise
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
I used to breed and keep Rabbits for my own consumption

i rember a few years ago my now adult step-son said he had never eaten rabbit or duck - until i told him otherwise

ROFLMAO
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:13 PM
When I was small my Grandad used to keep poultry and rabbits to eat and so he killed these at home (without stunning first) and according to several of my friends thousands of people continue to do the same!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
When I was small my Grandad used to keep poultry and rabbits to eat and so he killed these at home (without stunning first) and according to several of my friends thousands of people continue to do the same!
Hardly the same as slitting the throat of a horse
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I up until recently had been unknowingly eating Halal meat. However now I know about it, will it stop me from eating meat from that place again...no.

Funny thing is, I used to be opposed to Halal slaughter, so what changed I hear you ask...I thought about it.

1. Severing major blood vescels will result in a rapid loss of blood and with it life. So if it is done correctly, the animal isn't going to suffer a painful lingering death. It could/should be over in a matter of moments.

2. How does the stress caused by the moments before the animals death in a Halal slaughter, compair to the stress caused by non Halal slaughtered animals being able to smell/hear/see the one's in the que before them being killed, surely having an idea as to what might be about to happen to them.

However, it would be a mistake to assume I'm totally pro, I'm on the fence again. I could be persuaded either way now.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Soooo,,,,, slicing into the jugular isnt painful?

My point was that Kosher, and presumably also Halal, is no more 'inhumane' than other ways of killing animals then used for food. And probably these religious ritual methods are less inhumane than some of those other methods.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post

Unfortunately it's actually not quite like that - you need more than a 'swift cut' for a large animal, the legs are tied together and the neck to a tree, along with various other rods here and there to stop it struggling too much:

CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES:

Halal: http://youtu.be/_76vDJ72QlU (posted this earlier in a reply to Smokey)
Kosher: http://youtu.be/Bhs9dH8i2Po (THIS ONE IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING - don't watch unless you really feel you must)

I've did a quick search on youtube and found the kosher slaughter video - it's made me very very upset
Page 21 of 41 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »