View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Fantastic news Denise. I am so happy that Mirk continues to thrive in your pack and in your life. It would be great to see some new photos of him when you get a chance
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Once again I have read this thread from the beginning, and each time tears spring to my eyes.

May only good things come your way now Denise - they already have for Mirk.

Special ear twiddles to Mirk, Cloud and Connor.

With love and respect

Malka
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Another lovely update, Denise. Thank you!

x0x
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2011, 02:51 PM
what a lovley story. So glas everything is working out so well for you
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2011, 09:29 PM
If someone can remind me briefly how to insert pics, I will. At least I do have some this time !
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Mirk update time again.
He's doing really. really well still. No wee's since the prostate sorted either How amazing is that!

And he has developed the biggest, shiniest coats of any dog Ive owned..... Lots of hairs.

Mirk is now very settled with me and the dogs and Mark too who once again has returned into our lives now that he is back from his travels. Though Mirk doesn't exactly take things for granted here, he is now well chilled into life with all of us. He comes to work with me often and still helps with the puppies and now sometimes acts as a stooge for the aggression cases. He's dead laid back about it all and has a great calming affect on other dogs and puppies.

He gets on pretty well now with Connor who sometimes asks him to play, but rarely gets any response (mirk pretends to sleep). And Clouds reaction to him is one of the most interesting responses I've seen. She pretty much totally pretends he isn't there. Not in actively ignoring him, huffy way, but in a "Dog, what dog?" kind of way. Now Cloud is a seriously respected bitch in dogdom. Few dogs mess with CLoud and she has low tolerance for anything naughty or rude. Yet Mirk somehow gets away with bimbling into her or standing on her by mistake, he has even bimbled toward her feeding bowl and survived unharmed. Most odd.

But perhaps the biggest news for Mirk is what is about to happen to him. We are moving out of the cottage, and although we will keep both an office and a home base in the Midlands, we are about to spend most of our time from now travelling in a motorhome . Mirk, is going mobile CaDeLac dog training, is going mobile .

He has coped with and clearly enjoyed both a caravan and a motorhome, several times in the last 9 months. Its amazing how all the dogs take to it. And they soon get to grips with the fact that potentially, we might sleep in a different place, amongst different vans and people, every day. They just hover aroung the van and they jump in (well Mirk doesn't exactly jump in, as much as well errrmmmm..... I don't think I can describe it, its more like "falling in/up" if that makes sense as soon as I say "go home".

So we are all off to spend time travelling, working in different places and seeing different things. I've always said I wanted to do it, so now we are. I will have a laptop and hopefully more free time to work out how to use it and upload photos more easily. And if anyone wants to meet Mikr, then they can . Sorry Im so crap with the photos .

Anyway, thanks for listening. Hope you have all had a great summer. Love Denise and Mirk, Cloud and Connor. xxx
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I think you are fab.

What a moving thread, and how lucky Mirk is to have you on his side and boxing his corner
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Sounds like an exciting adventure for you all. Mirk is in heaven...... what a wonderful life he now has, thanks to you, Denise......

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the update, so glad he continues to do well xxx Well done and enjoy your travels xxxxx
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
WOW, everytime i read this thread I get tears in my eyes, not really sure why. I would love to meet him (and you), you have such a way of writing!
Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 >