Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Johnderondon asked:

Borderdawn answered

Lol. Does that mean you can't name one?

You do if you want a response from me.

I hope you are more reliably informed than you are on the subject under discussion.

(Though I do confess that I find it a bit freaky that you are so interested in me as to be continuing in this vein.)

Read back, Dawn.
Thanks John, much appreciated.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Its not the "paying" for a rescue that is the gripe here, its the hypocrisy of those rescues who say "they dont charge a fee" BUT only take "donations" , yet the "donation" will be a set price!
Our organisation has a set price/donation (which is reducable depending on circumstances), and it is "set" at a level which means that on average (having paid for neutering, vet check, vaccinations, transport and fostering expenses) we do not lose too much money on each rehoming. Obviously from the figures I quoted in an earlier post, this is not working and we have to make up a £3000+ shortfall each year by fundraising activities.

I know of one very dubious breed rescue , where lets say how she acquires her "rescues" leaves a lot to be desired, then sells them on for an inflated price , with a very quick turnaround!
We have several of those in our breed also, but to tar all rescues with the same brush because of a minority of opportunists who sniff out a commercial opportunity in the "resce business" is unfair to say the least. It is the same as attacking all breeders because of the lack of ethics some.

No, rescues should NOT give papers with the dogs they re home
We don't!

Mick
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post

We have several of those in our breed also, but to tar all rescues with the same brush because of a minority of opportunists who sniff out a commercial opportunity in the "resce business" is unfair to say the least. It is the same as attacking all breeders because of the lack of ethics some.

Mick
I agree , and hopefully did not give that impression.

There are some excellent breed and general rescues out there, along with some very suspect one too.

I personally have no problem with charging for a rescue, you need the income to carry on the work it enables you to do,

Its the "rescues dont charge" mentality that I take issue with, donation or fee, its one and the same, its just that some use the "donation" status to keep their heads below the parapet of legalisation, and some use it with a "holier than though" attitude.

I dont care if a rescue charges a set fee, but say it as it is, its a adoption fee, not a donation.!!
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 18 19 20 21