Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I think you will be getting a contact from Mrs S anytime soon Snorri, she will be on the backfoot and be most interested in smoothing things over I suspect
my words exactly.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I think you will be getting a contact from Mrs S anytime soon Snorri, she will be on the backfoot and be most interested in smoothing things over I suspect
Knowing her as I do, it's more likely that she'll concede, but still try to impose conditions: "Of course you can come home, BUT you'll have to agree to (e.g.) wash the dishes every night!" - to avoid feeling that she has lost face. She thinks that, somewhere, there's an unwritten law which says she mustn't lose.

Snorri
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Knowing her as I do, it's more likely that she'll concede, but still try to impose conditions: "Of course you can come home, BUT you'll have to agree to (e.g.) wash the dishes every night!" - to avoid feeling that she has lost face. She thinks that, somewhere, there's an unwritten law which says she mustn't lose.

Snorri
if washing the dishes is what it takes, get on with it lol
its not such a task, you can always moan for a dishwasher at some point. I know when I said gordon and dougie had to do the dishes, viola as if by magic a dishwasher was fitted...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I would hope that Mrs S will not be around to impose such rules and regulations, let her find alternative accommodation if she isn't happy.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Mrs.S and my sister used to work together, and were great friends. They still chat a lot on the phone. Anyway, I was talking to sis tonight, and it transpires that Mrs.S claims to have checked with the Council re the grant before she barred me, and she claims that she was told that her actions were OK!

I can hardly believe that it's true (though I believe that a SW may well have given her duff info - they're not all that bright here), but I have forwarded the info to my MSP. I seriously hope that heads are going to roll here - the standards being applied seem to be atrocious, even to the extent that Orkney Islands Council seem to think that the rules do not apply to them!

Snorri
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Mrs.S and my sister used to work together, and were great friends. They still chat a lot on the phone. Anyway, I was talking to sis tonight, and it transpires that Mrs.S claims to have checked with the Council re the grant before she barred me, and she claims that she was told that her actions were OK!

I can hardly believe that it's true (though I believe that a SW may well have given her duff info - they're not all that bright here), but I have forwarded the info to my MSP. I seriously hope that heads are going to roll here - the standards being applied seem to be atrocious, even to the extent that Orkney Islands Council seem to think that the rules do not apply to them!

Snorri
To be honest I suspect that she is trying very hard to assign blame elsewhere.

She knows she was in the wrong in what she did, and is trying to deflect the attention to the council, making it sound like they were in the wrong.

Also if she assigns the blame to the council, then she's thinking she won't look as bad to everyone.

Problem is that it ain't working.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post

Problem is that it ain't working.
Let's face it - theft is theft, however you dress it up.

Snorri

She may well have been misinformed by the Social Worker - this one is one of the kind that likes to look all-knowing, and able to sort out any situation (hah!).
He has been helped here by the fact that he's an old acquaintance, and we trusted him. Well, if this is his doing, he may lose his job now. Am I sorry? Not a whit.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2009, 07:42 PM
At last! One of the social workers is going to go out and speak to Mrs.S - not that she'll hear anything useful - Mrs.S is better at spin than Alistair Campbell; I will be the most evil mentally-ill person north of Hadrian's Wall by the time the interview is over! However, perhaps it will beat a handful of water pistols.

Snorri
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 08:08 PM
At last! One of the social workers is going to go out and speak to Mrs.S - not that she'll hear anything useful - Mrs.S is better at spin than Alistair Campbell; I will be the most evil mentally-ill person north of Hadrian's Wall by the time the interview is over! However, perhaps it will beat a handful of water pistols.

Snorri
Hi Snorri - It does not matter how evil you are (knowing that of course you are not ) the grant and the improvements were for YOU!! That is what is boils down to.
Keep your chin up love and lets hope things can start moving in the right direction very soon
xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Chin up Snorri
Page 21 of 37 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »