Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
not one person on this forum could condem her for that,

many people would have just gone straight to the vet in her shoes, she did not she came on here {and lets face it, she came LOOKING FOR HELP} she went to the RSPCA, NO JOY, shes tried breed rescue NO JOY. As for all the people on here that would do this or that, NOT ONE has offered to take the dog to help her, even for a short term, everyone is great at saying what they would do, but not so quick to put there money where there mouth is. so I really feel for her, shes been totally left out on a limb.

massive hugs to the OP,
Could`nt agree more.

Kity , if you are reading this, please come and let us know..
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 09:14 AM
I have been in this situation, i did post on here and received some awful replies. Suffice it to say i will not go into details about it, its nobodys business what the OP decides to do, rightly she has to put the welfare of her child first as i did. Some people seem to think its ok to keep a dog alive whatever the cost and i'm betting that most of the people with this opinion do not have kids
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 09:16 AM
just as a side note

the RSPCA should be ASHAMED of themselves,

they have been made aware of this situation, they homed the dog to start with...

its outrageous
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

14-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
If i was the OP i wouldn't come back to this thread. Due to the debates and opposing opinions, whichever route she has taken is going to p*** people off who aren't afraid to give their two pennies worth on here.

I for one am sure she had the dogs best interests at heart when she took it on, and has always cared responsibly for the dog and her child.

Lets hope that she has at least read the comments and some have helped her reach a difficult decision, or gain the advice of other people who have been highlighted on this thread and ultimately made the decision which she feels is best in her heart.
I agree , she has been called irresponsible for "taking her eyes of for a second" for "taking the dog in" the attack has been played down, because the child only got a scratch, the child has been blamed...he must have done something" to the dog

Jezzz, no wonder she has not come back on.!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

14-05-2010, 09:18 AM
just as a side note

the RSPCA should be ASHAMED of themselves,

they have been made aware of this situation, they homed the dog to start with...

its outrageous
Agree!!!!!!!!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 09:23 AM
not one person on this forum could condem her for that,

many people would have just gone straight to the vet in her shoes, she did not she came on here {and lets face it, she came LOOKING FOR HELP} she went to the RSPCA, NO JOY, shes tried breed rescue NO JOY. As for all the people on here that would do this or that, I dont hear anyone offer to take the dog to help her, even for a short term, everyone is great at saying what they would do, but not so quick to put there money where there mouth is. so I really feel for her, shes been totally left out on a limb.

massive hugs to the OP,
I agree with everything you have said here Shona, shes probably to intimidated to reply !
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

14-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I agree with everything you have said here Shona, shes probably to intimidated to reply !
Here's a thought Kitty, if you want too, you can PM one of us, and let us know what has happened, we will put it up for you (if you want)

What ever you do you have and will do it for your family.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I saw on the tele last night that the RSPCA are changing their guide lines due to the rescues being full etc.,

I think they are prioritizing neglect and cruelty cases above people just needing or wanting to get rid of their pets now.

I am not going to get into the debate about what should or shouldn't be done with regards to this dog as I feel personally I do not know enough about the situation to comment.

However I do feel the dog should of been taken back to the RSPCA by the previous owner not moved onto Kitty I know she took him on out of the goodness of her heart but a large breed with no known history and children is a risk. I wonder if this the reason the RSPCA are now backing out as they feel it was moved on and the contract signed was not up held by the person who originally adopted him.

What ever Kitty decides whether any of us feel is right or wrong is down to her and we just have too accept what ever decision she takes.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Agree!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not making excuses for the RSPCA but if the person who surrendered the dog to them in the first place wasn't entirely honest about the dogs history could this result in the dog being placed with someone unsuitable ? what about the person that Kitty rehomed the dog from maybe they weren't up front about the dog ?

Jackbox i didn't mean to use your quote there sorry !
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

14-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I saw on the tele last night that the RSPCA are changing their guide lines due to the rescues being full etc.,

I think they are prioritizing neglect and cruelty cases above people just needing or wanting to get rid of their pets now.

I am not going to get into the debate about what should or shouldn't be done with regards to this dog as I feel personally I do not know enough about the situation to comment.

However I do feel the dog should of been taken back to the RSPCA by the previous owner not moved onto Kitty I know she took him on out of the goodness of her heart but a large breed with no known history and children is a risk. I wonder if this the reason the RSPCA are now backing out as they feel it was moved on and the contract signed was not up held by the person who originally adopted him.

What ever Kitty decides whether any of us feel is right or wrong is down to her and we just have too accept what ever decision she takes.
Completey agree, and would not judge either way!!
Closed Thread
Page 21 of 47 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »