Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Nola View Post
My pup is 11 weeks has been sleeping on the bed since we got her as she cried on the floor the first night and my heart just melted. She's already started to become a nuisance, though, as she fidgets all night and moans when she can't get comfortable so I'm going to start her sleeping on the floor in the bedroom soon.
Ahh little baby wants to sleep next to her mummy how sweet, have you tried getting her to sleep in a crate.

My Honey sleeps on the bed as close as she can get to me and takes all the space and all the covers.
bruno07
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi all

Snowy my pomeranian and Micky my dach hund sleeps with me in my bed, they know when I move what to do and still get up at night in the dark hour to warn me if trouble is lurking, my male pomeranian Buddy sleeps next to my bed and is always wanting to get up the bed but he cannot because he is still a puppy of six months old. But I love having my dogs in my bed as they are clean and do go for a monthly dib and wash at a doggy palour.

Regards
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 11:08 AM
All 5 of mine get in bed with me....and they're big dogs!! Love it though. My hubby's not too impressed though!!!!!
About Lee
New Member!
Male 

29-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I have a double bed and half is my side, and the other side is my dogs But after about 10mins he gets on the floor and under the bed.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
Are your dogs working dogs or pets? I thought people had dogs for companionship but it sounds like you don't particularly like their company!
Does companionship mean they have to sleep in my bed or spread their ever shedding fur and muck throughout the house?

I personally cannot understand why people want their dogs in their beds, to me it's disgusting because no matter how much you bathe them, their feet are full of germs and grime sticks to the natural oils of their coat. 2 days after I gave Flynn a thorough bath, I stroked him and got that familiar muck on my fingertips. I certainly dont want that in my bed.

But on the other hand, I guess others cant understand why I wouldnt want a cuddly hot canine water bottle.

Each to their own but I would never contemplate even letting dogs on the sofa, i'm far too obsessed with cleanliness for that.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Does companionship mean they have to sleep in my bed or spread their ever shedding fur and muck throughout the house?

I personally cannot understand why people want their dogs in their beds, to me it's disgusting because no matter how much you bathe them, their feet are full of germs and grime sticks to the natural oils of their coat. 2 days after I gave Flynn a thorough bath, I stroked him and got that familiar muck on my fingertips. I certainly dont want that in my bed.

But on the other hand, I guess others cant understand why I wouldnt want a cuddly hot canine water bottle.

Each to their own but I would never contemplate even letting dogs on the sofa, i'm far too obsessed with cleanliness for that.
Good grief. I really don't know why you have dogs, I really don't. It's as if you don't like them at all. I feel sorry for your dogs. And don't even get me started on that bully of an OH of yours. I came across that post when it was locked, so didn't have my chance to respond. I hope to god that poor dog is out of the situation, it's nothing but abuse.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 05:58 PM
You dont need to feel sorry for my dogs, they have a perfectly good life. As we all know, there is more to owning a dog than letting it on the furniture. My dogs get the best of everything else, and yes, that does include love and affection.

As for my OH, that thread was locked and bears no relation to this thread so lets not even go there.

Somebody else mentioned being anal about cleaning and somebody else also stated their dogs weren't allowed on the furniture but I dont see you jumping down their throats.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't know how any clean freak person copes with owning dogs I suppose apart from have them living outside - not particularly a bad thing for a dog, although I know mine wouldn't like it unfortunately, the big wusses. My house is tidy, quite clean but far from immaculate!

I must admit my dogs know they're naughty when they're asleep with their bums on my pillows I've trained them to only sleep on their throw at the end of the bed which I can wash every couple of days

They know they're only allowed in the bedroom at nightime.

Also, no bones or toys allowed in the bedroom, they leave them outside the door, so clever
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I don't know how any clean freak person copes with owning dogs
I compromise. My dogs live in the kitchen at present. I can put up with furballs and mucky paw prints on the floor until I get a chance to clean up. I understand dogs do not know how to wipe their feet etc so I deal with it! I can cope with that in one room of the house, not every room though.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 06:09 PM
My 2 stayed at a friends last night and although Dylan chooses to sleep on the floor, Lily sleeps in my bed and I missed her soooooo much!! No snuffles and huffs and fidgeting. I slept really badly without my stinky pup next to me.
Page 20 of 45 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 > Last »