Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yeah, OK I believe you, you seem like a Cat hater to me, but Im not concerned with that, as I said they appear to bother you so much, start a thread.
lmfao oh dear is provocation all you can resort to...well anyway it just shows what you know.........absolutley nuthin!

oh but its plain to see youre 'not keen' on foxes,wolfs and lord knows what other wildlife and your responses in to my posts prove what a hypocrite you really are lol
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 12:00 AM
i wasnt going to post this because i couldnt care less what you think of me Borderdawn lol...but i dont want anyone else to think im a cat hater! so im posting this pic of an elderly feral stray i won the trust of, her ears were eaten away with cancer so once we could handle her we took her to the vet who amputated them but the cancer had already spread to her eye, sadly the vet couldnt remove it to save her so removing her ears only prolonged her life, it gave her 2 1/2 yrs... in november sadly her health deteriorated and we made the heartbreaking decision to let her go....she was a lovely little cat.

and unlike you and Tarimoor i dont agree with shooting feral cats in this country i'd prefer they were spayed and neutered, its pet cats who are by far the biggest problem anyway so if folk took responsibility for them and prevented them from roaming then our wildlife would be in a much better state and the ferals would eventually die out ....so i might have strong views on cats predating our native wildlife and cat ownership but i certainly dont hate cats.

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
lmfao oh dear is provocation all you can resort to...well anyway it just shows what you know.........absolutley nuthin!

oh but its plain to see youre 'not keen' on foxes,wolfs and lord knows what other wildlife and your responses in to my posts prove what a hypocrite you really are lol
I like most animal, including "Wolves" but I also believe in manageable numbers, and I have no issue with humane culling. Your feelings on Cats are pretty clear to me.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
i wasnt going to post this because i couldnt care less what you think of me Borderdawn lol...but i dont want anyone else to think im a cat hater! so im posting this pic of an elderly feral stray i won the trust of, her ears were eaten away with cancer so once we could handle her we took her to the vet who amputated them but the cancer had already spread to her eye, sadly the vet couldnt remove it to save her so removing her ears only prolonged her life, it gave her 2 1/2 yrs... in november sadly her health deteriorated and we made the heartbreaking decision to let her go....she was a lovely little cat.

and unlike you and Tarimoor i dont agree with shooting feral cats in this country i'd prefer they were spayed and neutered, its pet cats who are by far the biggest problem anyway so if folk took responsibility for them and prevented them from roaming then our wildlife would be in a much better state and the ferals would eventually die out ....so i might have strong views on cats predating our native wildlife and cat ownership but i certainly dont hate cats.

You have constantly targeted Cats, as I said thats fine by me, Im sure they wont mind. How about instead of attacking peoples pets, you take a look at the things I mentioned, like Trichomoniasis for starters.

An excerpt for you:

Greenfinch populations have been recorded dropping by a third, and chaffinch populations by a fifth in these heavily-affected areas.
Mind you, it could be those pesky Cats! I mean dropping a THIRD!! Darn moggies. I expect all those bodies we were collecting for examination were left by Cats too, we just happened not to see them!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Whoa - just did double take - shooting feral cats as a means of control, did I read that wrongly?

I waited a very long time - years in fact before my llifestyle suited having a cat, then of course I got one and few months later another one

Cats are smart, I have heard it said that you can't train cats, well our two - six and eight months I have trained to "sit" - using reward based treats, the same as I would a puppy and they learned exceptionally fast

Noushkaos - that is a lovely little cat, bless you for taking care of her and making the end of her life so happy.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Whoa - just did double take - shooting feral cats as a means of control, did I read that wrongly?

I waited a very long time - years in fact before my llifestyle suited having a cat, then of course I got one and few months later another one

Cats are smart, I have heard it said that you can't train cats, well our two - six and eight months I have trained to "sit" - using reward based treats, the same as I would a puppy and they learned exceptionally fast

Noushkaos - that is a lovely little cat, bless you for taking care of her and making the end of her life so happy.
Ferals have always been shot, how else would you reduce the numbers? They are literally wild. I dont teach tricks to my dogs so teaching them to Cats is a definite no no for me, but I expect you could. Id say Cats are way smarter thn dogs. I mean, let the kitten out at say 6mths, it pops over the fence and is gone for 6hrs, then comes back! The dog you have had for 6YRS gets past your leg and is off through the front door, you never see it again!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ferals have always been shot, how else would you reduce the numbers? They are literally wild. I dont teach tricks to my dogs so teaching them to Cats is a definite no no for me, but I expect you could. Id say Cats are way smarter thn dogs. I mean, let the kitten out at say 6mths, it pops over the fence and is gone for 6hrs, then comes back! The dog you have had for 6YRS gets past your leg and is off through the front door, you never see it again!!
Is that a sign of intelligence or dependence?

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Is that a sign of intelligence or dependence?

Intelligence certainly. They are way up on dogs! Honestly. How long does it take to house train a dog? It takes a Cat no time, nothing at all. Just show them the litter tray, sorted! Like I said they can take off for many hours having never left the house before and just come home, dogs would be totally lost!

Their intelligence is "different" to dogs. Dogs will do things because you tell them to, Cats do it because they want to, or they just dont! They wont be bullied, coerced or bribed.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:41 AM
LOL, OK.

Someone left a 5 month old (approx) tabby male, inside a cat box outside the gates at work on Thursday. Luckily my friend popped to the post office at about 3pm so she saw him and brought him in.

He's currently being assessed for re-homing, in fact my friend has asked for him right away. He is the simple most affectionate cat we have ever known. Runs up to you for a cuddle, yet has the face of a killer in him. He's going to be a right little character and a perfect fill for the one she lost just before Christmas.

Personally I like my cats to be like my dogs, clever but soppy.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
LOL, OK.

Someone left a 5 month old (approx) tabby male, inside a cat box outside the gates at work on Thursday. Luckily my friend popped to the post office at about 3pm so she saw him and brought him in.

He's currently being assessed for re-homing, in fact my friend has asked for him right away. He is the simple most affectionate cat we have ever known. Runs up to you for a cuddle, yet has the face of a killer in him. He's going to be a right little character and a perfect fill for the one she lost just before Christmas.

Personally I like my cats to be like my dogs, clever but soppy.
He sounds super!!

Best of luck finding him a home.
Page 20 of 37 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 > Last »