View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm wondering if all the different foods you are feeding her might be upsetting her tummy. She is not getting the exercise she is used to so she is probably not as hungry as she would be normally. This is really a convalescent period after what was a big operation.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'll try over the week-end Dawn, but what is growing pigmentation, and if it's growing, surely it would STAY the way it had grown, not all disappear again and turn pink??? I think bruising personally too! I think they were very rough with that tube going down the throat, that's my opinion, and she's paying the consequences. What is this strapping business that Mel mentions to hold the tube in the mouth, I'm going to have to look that one up, coz that could explain a lot of things here if it was too tight?! Especially if it goes around the top half of her mouth coz that's the very first thing I noticed about her, how swollen and mishapen one side of her mouth was but at the top!

Things are still good, but I won't hold my breath!!!

I just remembered, I met a lady two days ago with a dog who she said had been very ill with yellow diarrhea Zena had said hello to it, and I thought then, thanks for telling me that AFTER they have said hello!!!! Maybe it's another bug then coz of course, the immune system is very low after an op isn't it!
Well pigment can spread, but it shouldnt go again, just wanted to see it to gauge a look.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Hope Zena is on the road to being herself again, Helena. Big hugs to the lovely lass.

Hugs to Georgie as well.

Take care and doggy licks from Loki to both Zena and Georgie and cuddles from me.

Hugs to you as well xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
I'm wondering if all the different foods you are feeding her might be upsetting her tummy. She is not getting the exercise she is used to so she is probably not as hungry as she would be normally. This is really a convalescent period after what was a big operation.
Yes, I thought of that one too, but then it's only been chicken and rice, which she had last week for 3 days and was fine, or chicken and mash (no salt or butter), and her kibble which she is again used to, treats like a bonio or puppy markie the same, she's well used to it all. I can understand the squits yes, but not yellow again like this! It's a mystery, BUT, she just ate some kibble, she was starving hungry, and she had a poo which was almost formed, so what do ya do!!!! I'm well happy though! She's a loon tonight long may it last, but I think I remember saying that last night!!!!

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well pigment can spread, but it shouldnt go again, just wanted to see it to gauge a look.
Thanks Dawn, she has lots and lots of dark pigment under her top lips and lots on the lower, BUT, the actual gum area is a lovely shade of pink, but the other day, THAT all turned black, right up to the edges of those teeth, and now it's all gone back to pink, that's what I don't understand. If it was A tooth, then I would, but not her whole mouth changing like that right up to ALL those teeth huh??!! Mystery!

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Hope Zena is on the road to being herself again, Helena. Big hugs to the lovely lass.

Hugs to Georgie as well.

Take care and doggy licks from Loki to both Zena and Georgie and cuddles from me.

Hugs to you as well xxxx
Thanks Rose, dare I say it, but she's totally back to normal again tonight, nothing like she was this morning, and I just don't understand all this I really don't, I wish I could understand it, but I just hope there isn't anymore of it, ever!!!!xxxxx

Thanks Jackie, I often wonder what my life was like before I had dogs, a husband, a horse, and an old lady to care for???? Was there ever a life I ask myself???!!!! I want it back, and quick !!!!xxxxxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Don't give us that H - we know you wouldn't swop your life for anything (it's just giving you a bit of a rough ride at the mo, it'll settle )

Just thinking totally differently now - her lack of interest in food couldn't be her just digging her heels in to get something nicer could it? I only ask as from your posts you have tried numerous things to tempt her into eating and being the bright little blighters Shepherds are, I wouldn't put it passed her to be holding out for a tastier morsel?

Whatever the cause - I truly hope that this good news lasts and she makes leaps and bounds in recovery and lets you breathe a sigh of relief!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 07:53 AM
How is the lovey Zena this morning mate? Been thinking of you all night!!!

xxxxxxxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Of course Emma, she must have heard me on that phone speaking to the receptionist about it, the timing's right after all!!!!! This dog is too darn clever for her own good!!!

She's absolutely NORMAL now, she would eat if I wanted her too, so when I feed Georgie, she's gonna have some kibble and if she's not interested it goes in her ball for when she is coz Georgie hasn't sussed out that big treat ball yet!!!! Oh please God let this last, I think I've been through enough stress this past fortnight, 2 weeks of playing vet nurse with Zena, not forgetting old Georgie with his worn out pads!!!! Blooming 'eck it's enough to turn anyone to the bottle
Oh Zena is such a norty girl, giving you grey hairs, making you pull it out now turning you to the bottle
I do hope there is some good news when you come on today as you have said two weeks is a long while to be stressed out for.
Poor Georgie has had to resort to getting sore pads to get some attention and then he gets bladdy boots that back fired I think as his street cred is now all but gone
I would keep threatening her with the vet if she keeps this up, as it may have been the solution to yesterdays issues, so hopefully she hasn't figured out weekends yet!!!!
Such a tough time for you but hopefully she will be picking up from now on in, and you can get back to that bouncy Zena we have all heard about, and then you can complain how bouncy she is
Big hugs to you, Zena and Georgie
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks AM, and I'd really like to think so, but I do know the difference, and I wouldn't mind her trying it on if she was well, but she wasn't, you know how only YOU know your dogs, especially me, when I'm with them 24/7 it's hard not to know when they're feeling rubbish and I can assure you Zena was truly in a very poor way, and I really needed her to eat to rebuild all her strength. xxxx

Lol hiya mate, sorry if I kept you up all night, and now that I have some time, dare I say it, to MYSELF, I will ring ya thing week and see what's been going on your end, coz it sounds like you've been having a pretty rough time too.xxx

Lol at you there Emma, yes, Georgie's given up with his street cred after having to wear a lime green t-shirt and then black boots, and I soooo wish I'd taken a piccy of him in that t-shirt coz he looked like a big gorilla striding up the road with all his thick fur sticking out of the top of his legs, me and my friend were cracked up!!!!

NOW, today is a different story, a very different story! I'm pleased to report, not only did she eat and stay hyper all evening, but it continued this morning, and when I came downstairs, and she greeted me in her usual overexhuberant style, I just KNEW she was fine!!!! Oh, what a relief!! I had a normal poo outside from 2.00 am. and then a pile of porridge, but hey, it'll work itself out I'm sure. Went for a lovely walk, and I let her offlead, but there were so many dogs about wanting to play with her, that I had to keep sticking her back on it and stop her playing with them, shame I know, but I have to be on the safe side for the time being.

Got home, and she's been helping her dad with the outside Christmas lights, she's pestered me constantly with her ball, she's been racing between the pair of us coz I was inside, he was outside, and she just hasn't stopped, and Dave just commented "looks like she's being back to a pain in the butt" so of course I replied "yes, and I love it"!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, we're gonna be just fine now I think!

Oh, and whilst I'm at it, when she sat there looking at me this morning, the very first thing I noticed, is how THIN the top of her mouth either side has gone now!!! So it WAS swollen, especially on the left side with that big flabby bit hanging down interferring with her teeth when she was eating, but when you're constantly, constantly checking around there, you get to thinking you're going mad and it should be like that, but having seen her face this morning, I can tell you, it has all gone down to normal! She's eaten almost a whole cup of kibble in her big ball this morning, she is ravenously hungry, but I daren't overdo it on the food front, it's not good on her digestive system if there's still a slight problem in there, but at least she's willingly eating plain old kibble without having to be tempted, so I cannot wish for more!

OMG, she's just retired to her bed in here with me, but it's a different kind of sleeping than she was doing last week, not curled up in a tight ball, just all sprawled out zapping a few zeds until mummy gets up again to play! Maybe I can do some Christmas shopping next week then????!!!

Thanks again to each and everyone of you, not only for your lovely messages of concern and support and ideas, but also for helping me keep my chin up through such a worrying time, coz it really, really was the worst I've had for a very long time I can tell you that!xxxxxxxx
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I am so pleased your girlie seems to be on the mend at last, Helen. Hope this is the end of her feeling poorly and she is now getting properly better. Good luck. xxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Page 20 of 22 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 >