Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
(talking BCs)I dont really like unsymmetrical markings, i dont like great big blazes & i dont like alot of white on the body (unless its white all over) I like tris but not really strong tris. Im not keen on Reds (sorry Lorna) Im very fussy if they are merles, i like very dark, or very light!!!!

Now i could go & see a litter of Perfectly Marked B&Ws , perfect markings & not "like" any of them, not because of colour, but because i just didnt click, & i only want a pup i "HAVE TO HAVE or die".

Im not going to have any pup i dont like wether its colour or just the pup. The pup will be a life long friend & in my case a partner in my sport, i havent got the time to waste on one i dont like for any reason.

Surely as a breeder people want the pups to go to someone who adores them!!! Its not fair on the pup if you dont like it 100%, Thats not timewasting thats giving the pup a chance to go to a home who adore it!!!!!

i want to show my pup proudly to people, this is my pup isnt he fantastic. Not this is my pup, well hes a red merle which i dont like, hes got bi eyes, odd coloured legs & i hate his nose. Poor pup he would end up with a complex!!!!& your bond wouldnt ever really develop properally starting off on the wrong foot!!!!

Howver if i want to a litter & was drawn to a pup which was not the colour i liked, of course i WOULD have it,, Fate is fate & "no good dog is a bad colour", also i believe you do grow to like what you have!!!!!!

I go for Lines & Attitude, first & foremost, I have STRONG colour Prefernance & i dont like some lines to look at anyway!!!! Very fussy, but i get what i want & what i like!!!!!
Hee hee I don't mind! No offence taken lol! That said I initially wanted a Red Merle, but there weren't any in the litter - plus Chase and I fell in love with each other head over heels - so I think he'd have come home with us even if I didn't want a red!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Meh, colour doesn't bother me in the slightest. It has always been personality over colour or markings for me. Knowing me, if I (hypothetically) had to pick a puppy from a litter with every fancy colour under the sun, I'd pick the 'boring' black one.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
But them most pet owners have their dogs spayed neutered

Its all personal choice, colour.sex/size /hairy /smooth.

We pick our dogs on what we like and what suits our lifestyle, colour is just one of them.

If all out in the open when speaking to breeder and everyone knows where they stand , I cant see it as a problem.

Nor does preferring one colour over another make you any less a good dog owner.
Well said.
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 17 18 19 20