Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Prager Hans View Post
All you are saying is that this should not happen and it is rare. And if this , then that.
Let me qualify myself here.
I am professional dog trainer and I have trained and worked with about 4000 + dogs in 44 years all over the world through my "dog training" life. I have conducted numerous seminars for law enforcement and sport and Search and Rescue and private people. I am also being consulted on training advice by people from all over the world. I have been court expert witness and I have taught many people to be professional dog trainers. Thus I am not an arm chair general like some of you here, but I study, live, breath, and train and breed and sell and rescue dogs for 44 years of my life. Sometimes I think that I am a dog myself

Strange then that you should so misread frustration for aggression. You do sound very like someone else who posts on forums?

Hopefully I am a little more than an 'armchair general'

Most of my clients are calling me because they have exactly these problems which you are saying that they are unusual. However, I assure you, they are not unusual at all.

You have mostly clients with dogs who want to kill other dogs? Very strange. As I say you obviously have misread the frustration dogs show often on the lead for aggression.

Let me tell you what pains me. And that is thousands and thousands of dogs being put down or are killed and maimed, because they were trained with positive reinforcement methods only and were not giving the opportunity to learn the proper boundaries, proper relationship with their master and respect him as a leader and properly respond to him in critical situations through proper, humane training>

Can you give figures for these thousands and thousands of dogs? You seem to be a member of a gang of three, you being number four. You are coming out with the same so called facts and using the same language.

Where the dog is respect for what it is. Loving creature, which will live for you no matter who you are. The dog will teach you about itself, protect you and suffer with you and be happy or sad with you. The innocent animal who depends not only on you for your love and upkeep, but also for guidance where you teach it the ropes of the life, so to speak so that they could be safe under your guidance and training.
I teach dog owners that for a while now. And I know that
such training must be done with understanding of the psychology of the dogs and their owners.
You are saying that punishment has been proven to possibly do a lot of harm and I agree. That is, if it is done improperly, in cruel or misinformed way. However there are dangers of not using properly taught punishment and negative reinforcement and I assure you that there are much more dangers in that.
I know that now I am going to be attacked from left and right for what i am saying and I also know that most here are too scared to even post a word here even so they agree. And I got many PM from them. I am not surprised that they are afraid.
However the truth is the truth. And you can call me every name in the book if I say it. And I really do not care. I am posting this for people who need to hear the opposing view to positive only methods.
Prager Hans
Where did I mention 'positive only'? That is another expression used by the gang. In fact if you had bothered to read my post you would not have written that as it is obviously wrong.

Do stop boring on about all the PM's you have had. If it is true---who cares? My sense is that it is not true at all.

I think you are friends with Denis, Lou and Adam and have been sent here to wind everyone up. You use exactly their language and make exactly their points in the same way. All with no basis in fact at all.

rune
Prager Hans
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
prager hans...may i ask, are you talking electric devices and prong collars?
No, I do not use E collar. I do not even have one, I am against e colars.
Prager Hans
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 05:48 PM
No, I do not use E collar. I do not even have one, I am against e colars.
Prager Hans
thats refreshing to hear

so by punishment do u mean verbal/bodylanguage?
Prager Hans
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Where did I mention 'positive only'? That is another expression used by the gang. In fact if you had bothered to read my post you would not have written that as it is obviously wrong.

Do stop boring on about all the PM's you have had. If it is true---who cares? My sense is that it is not true at all.

I think you are friends with Denis, Lou and Adam and have been sent here to wind everyone up. You use exactly their language and make exactly their points in the same way. All with no basis in fact at all.

rune
I am not necesarily talking about you only. I have no clue who or what the Gang is and who is Denis, Lou and Adam . And also I do not have to prove to you anything. You can figure out who I am and you will se that it is truth. I am not sking you to prove to me who you are. Let me say this I do not necessarily disagree whith what you are saying I just wish you would actually consider what I am saying.
Prager Hans
Hans
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2011, 05:49 PM
All you are saying is that this should not happen and it is rare. And if this , then that.
Let me qualify myself here.
I am professional dog trainer and I have trained and worked with about 4000 + dogs in 44 years all over the world through my "dog training" life. I have conducted numerous seminars for law enforcement and sport and Search and Rescue and private people. I am also being consulted on training advice by people from all over the world. I have been court expert witness and I have taught many people to be professional dog trainers. Thus I am not an arm chair general like some of you here, but I study, live, breath, and train and breed and sell and rescue dogs for 44 years of my life. Sometimes I think that I am a dog myself
Most of my clients are calling me because they have exactly these problems which you are saying that they are unusual. However, I assure you, they are not unusual at all.
Let me tell you what pains me. And that is thousands and thousands of dogs being put down or are killed and maimed, because they were trained with positive reinforcement methods only and were not giving the opportunity to learn the proper boundaries, proper relationship with their master and respect him as a leader and properly respond to him in critical situations through proper, humane training> Where the dog is respect for what it is. Loving creature, which will live for you no matter who you are. The dog will teach you about itself, protect you and suffer with you and be happy or sad with you. The innocent animal who depends not only on you for your love and upkeep, but also for guidance where you teach it the ropes of the life, so to speak so that they could be safe under your guidance and training.
I teach dog owners that for a while now. And I know that
such training must be done with understanding of the psychology of the dogs and their owners.
You are saying that punishment has been proven to possibly do a lot of harm and I agree. That is, if it is done improperly, in cruel or misinformed way. However there are dangers of not using properly taught punishment and negative reinforcement and I assure you that there are much more dangers in that.
I know that now I am going to be attacked from left and right for what i am saying and I also know that most here are too scared to even post a word here even so they agree. And I got many PM from them. I am not surprised that they are afraid.
However the truth is the truth. And you can call me every name in the book if I say it. And I really do not care. I am posting this for people who need to hear the opposing view to positive only methods.
Prager Hans
I think we are having a light bulb moment here

Sounds very much like a certain other individual that prowls the net..
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 05:50 PM
A boy named Lou?
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 06:11 PM
PRAGER HANS:

Can you please define what you mean when you say 'correction'?

Thank you.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
A boy named Lou?
Yup!!!!!!!!!! with his little electric toys
Prager Hans
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Why should I tell you what I do? Only reason you want to know is so that you can get material to fight. All you want to do is to beat people up over here if they do not kiss your armchair general's butt and dare to have different opinion . Example :I have just said that I do not use E collar and people are saying that I am Lou and using electric collars. I am not Lou and I am not going to post here only to order to defend my position. Which is what I have been forced to do from my first post here. I am too old and too smart for that. I will post ONLY is someone needs advice. Otherwise I have better things to do then bicker with some of you.
I like to help people, but you are not interested in that. You just get high on tearing people down.
Prager Hans
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Ah ha---so you do know Lou then---interesting.

rune
Page 20 of 26 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »