View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:46 PM
This is our Star at Birth! she was born still born, and mum gave her mouth to mouth, she then took a breath! her mum rejected her for the first few hours..we are so lucky to have her!

This is her at 3 weeks, and that is the only hair she grows now to...it comes off in seconds with the clippers..Its more like Fuzz, but you can clearly see her hairless sides, like any other hairless shouldnt she doesnt grow hair under armpits or belly just the line down her back.

and now...
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
This is our Star at Birth! she was born still born, and mum gave her mouth to mouth, she then took a breath! her mum rejected her for the first few hours..we are so lucky to have her!

This is her at 3 weeks, and that is the only hair she grows now to...it comes off in seconds with the clippers..Its more like Fuzz, but you can clearly see her hairless sides, like any other hairless shouldnt she doesnt grow hair under armpits or belly just the line down her back.

and now...
I'll be honest - CCs never did it for me, but your Star is lovely!!! I may be converted!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I'll be honest - CCs never did it for me, but your Star is lovely!!! I may be converted!
hehe thank you, there not many peoples cups of tea but i love everything about them..
we are very pleased, we improved on both her parents.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:03 PM

and now...
So are you saying that hairless CC's are not hairless at all then, they are coated CC's that are half and half, just shaved to get the desired look?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
So are you saying that hairless CC's are not hairless at all then, they are coated CC's that are half and half, just shaved to get the desired look?
Im not saying anything other than there not coated, they grow random stubble across there back..some more than others..There are different types of hairless varities.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I dont know if this is true or not, but I was told that there are 2 different types of hairless cresteds.. there is the true hairless which just has the little tufts of hair on the feet, head etc, and then there is the hairy hairless, which can have fine hair on its body and that is the reason some crested's are shaved for the show ring and some aren't?

I'm not sure I agree on shaving a powderpuff down to look like a hairless for the show ring though, isn't that a bit like cheating? but thats just my opinion.

I was actually cuddling a hairless crested this afternoon, she was lovely, felt a bit strange to me though, as I thought the hairless area would feel cold like skin, but infact it felt very warm.

Lovely little dog she was, reminded me of a little horse in a dogs body for some reason.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
I dont know if this is true or not, but I was told that there are 2 different types of hairless cresteds.. there is the true hairless which just has the little tufts of hair on the feet, head etc, and then there is the hairy hairless, which can have fine hair on its body and that is the reason some crested's are shaved for the show ring and some aren't?

I'm not sure I agree on shaving a powderpuff down to look like a hairless for the show ring though, isn't that a bit like cheating? but thats just my opinion.

I was actually cuddling a hairless crested this afternoon, she was lovely, felt a bit strange to me though, as I thought the hairless area would feel cold like skin, but infact it felt very warm.

Lovely little dog she was, reminded me of a little horse in a dogs body for some reason.
The difference between the true hairless and hairy hairless is.
The true has less furnishings and its more horse like, less stubble to clip if any at all..
The hairy has more furnishings and can be thicker than that of the true.
Instead of stubble to clip off they can grow up to a single coat, but not an under coat like the puffs, and you can see through to the skin, they should have hairless bellies and under arms..
Hairy hairless tend to have better dentition to that of the true hairless..the hairless true and hairy dont have canines but instead have tusks which point forward..another way a judge can tell a shaved off puff.
puffs have dentition like any other breed and should only have faced clipped like a poodle for the showing ring.

shaving a puff off for a hairless is cheating, and is bang out of order imo...

hairless are very warm to touch, and that is why its said they were used as bed warms on the ships they ratted on many years ago.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post

I do know a lady who has a powderpuff and she is a great little dog - but quite hairy. Her owner does not shave her at all and she has no problems with her skin or her being able to see through her hair. Her owner does say that even with her hair she is obviously a "thin skinned" dog and needs a coat for winter protection and also needs a bit of sunscreen on to protect from the sun - she is mainly a white dog and so I would think this is similar to white cats needing their ears protecting from the sun (to protect from skin cancer)
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
I do know a lady who has a powderpuff and she is a great little dog - but quite hairy. Her owner does not shave her at all and she has no problems with her skin or her being able to see through her hair. Her owner does say that even with her hair she is obviously a "thin skinned" dog and needs a coat for winter protection and also needs a bit of sunscreen on to protect from the sun - she is mainly a white dog and so I would think this is similar to white cats needing their ears protecting from the sun (to protect from skin cancer)
powderpuffs dont need to be shaved??? for the ring there kept in full coat anyways with a long flowing coat that is similar to the lhas apso when fully grown, and faces should be clipped as hair growing into the eyes can cause alot of problems including eye infections.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Im not saying anything other than there not coated, they grow random stubble across there back..some more than others..There are different types of hairless varities.
So yes they are not truly hairless, they are shaved!
Closed Thread
Page 20 of 31 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 > Last »