View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I found a lump next to my Rosie's nipple just over 4 years ago, she was nearly 6 at the time my vet checked it and said it was probably malignant - he blamed the fact she was entire and had pups - she was spayed 2 months later and the lump removed. The results came back as NON-malignant, she's now just coming up 10 years old and very fit and healthy and no more lumps have appeared. Rosie's lump was about the size of a pea and moveable, just under the skin.

Try not to worry, things aren't always as bad as you first think, if your vet is happy to leave it another 3 months then I would want to know why espeically as she has said it's malignant, has she done a biopsy??
Missfit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
I found a lump next to my Rosie's nipple just over 4 years ago, she was nearly 6 at the time my vet checked it and said it was probably malignant - he blamed the fact she was entire and had pups - she was spayed 2 months later and the lump removed. The results came back as NON-malignant, she's now just coming up 10 years old and very fit and healthy and no more lumps have appeared. Rosie's lump was about the size of a pea and moveable, just under the skin.

Try not to worry, things aren't always as bad as you first think, if your vet is happy to leave it another 3 months then I would want to know why espeically as she has said it's malignant, has she done a biopsy??
Hiya, she's said it's more than likely to be malignant & the Rescue agreed, but that it's a tiny tumour right now & slow growing & not worth her having to have two anaesthetics & that it's definitely ok to come out at the same time as spaying her. She said if it gets bigger to take her back in, but it's not since I got her (7 weeks today)

It sounds the same as your Dogs, it moves about easily & is about pea sized too & just under the skin. Maybe she hasn't done a biopsy as if it is Cancer it's slow growing & it can just come out when Spayed? I did call back & try to speak to the Vet, but the Receptionist was all snotty & spoke to her for me & said they see them all the time & it's tiny & will be fine & she won't need Chemo.

They don't like to spay just after a season cause of increased blood flow & more haemorrhage risk so i'd only have the lump out not a spay too if it came out now. I'm thinking of taking her to the Vet who will remove the lump & spay her (Different practice, not yet seen the lump) on Friday next week for their opinion but I did call them & the Rescue & both said the same about it's slow growing & ok to wait.

Just when you hear the C word, ya want it out & can only think of it in terms of it it was a person with it. I just hope it's benign. Thanks all, it's a shock & she's also got a sore on her leg today & a bump between her toes etc
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Pinklizzy beat me to it I would personally request that the vet performs a fine needle aspirate of the lump for a definate diagnosis, as no vet can tell for certain what a lump is without first running tests.

I'm assuming you're waiting until April to have her speyed due to her seasons?

Sending big hugs to your little girl x x
Missfit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Pinklizzy beat me to it I would personally request that the vet performs a fine needle aspirate of the lump for a definate diagnosis, as no vet can tell for certain what a lump is without first running tests.

I'm assuming you're waiting until April to have her speyed due to her seasons?

Sending big hugs to your little girl x x
Yep April is the earliest she can be done (Well, she could be done anytime I guess but the safest time). They don't know if it's malignant or benign but maybe they have experience of malignant ones being slow growing? I dunno, the Rescue agreed with them about it being slow growing as they've seen it alot. (Not my Dogs lump but tumours) so maybe they think there's no point as they know they wouldn't remove it anyway until April?

If it does get bigger i'll try to get them to remove it sooner & she'll just have to have two ops, i'm sure i read if they move about they're more likely benign but idk!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2