View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:44 PM
A couple of weeks ago on a sunday night I could not sleep and can only describe it as a feeling of clarity?,,,, not tired not bothered by anything, nothing on my mind, no aches and pains ect I was just laying there quite comfortable, I usually go out like a light these days! anyway, Ewan woke up about 2.20 and was awake for an hour, had just got him back to sleep and was dozing off myself at 3.40 am whe there was an almighty racket downstairs from the dogs so I rushed down to find a strange cat in my kitchen, he had come in through the cat flap and was trying to hide behind the kitchen taps, I picked him up and put him outside he didn't struggle or scratch me or anything, went back to bed and actually got to sleep around 5 am..(the noise had woke Ewan again) I found out on the tuesday that my Uncle had passed away, I did wonder afterwards if that was the reason for my not being able to sleep on the sunday night and explain the kitty visitor!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, I just find this all really fascinating. I am sure I have woken in the night to see figures and in fact whilst staying at the tulip hotel in Amsterdam (no...we hadn't visited cafe's beforehand) I woke the next room and my partner up SCREAMING because in the doorway was a figure dressed in black, who, I can only explain looked like he was wearing what I imagine guy Fawkes to have worn...a tall black hat, a black smock and his head was tilted to the floor.

I was terrified, but there was, looking back, no malice nor threatening behaviour.

My Smell of Sunday roast just intrigued me, the sensible side of me wants a rational explanation for the smell, and the "open" side of me wants so much to believe.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I often have the smell of pipe in the house, usually after I have been out and come back in.
I have woken up and smelt it very strongly over my side of the bed, if I walk round Pat's side the smell goes, but if I walk back to my side it is still there.
I have got up in the night to the smell, and have come down stairs a few times over the years to the feeling that someone is behind me, as I have turned to look up the stairs a shadow walks across the landing.

One night I was relaxing in the bath, my eyes were shut and I was dozing, the light bulb went so I had to get out in the dark, scrabbled around for the towel and as I opened the bathroom door to call Pat to get another bulb, the shadow walked into our bedroom, I followed it only to smell the pipe.

My father always smoked a pipe and when he was alive, he used to tease me about death he used to say ''if it's ok I'll let you know'' so I can only imagin it's ok. I have heard ''hello'' when no-one has been in the house other than me and heard laughing, the dogs bark and stare up the stairs but suddenly go quiet (as if they have been told to) and wag thier tails, and the cats stare at the ceiling in our bedroom, but I have never felt fear.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I have an open mind on these things. I am sure I have smelt my Granny's perfume on a few occasions.

Also cause there is someone or something in our house keeps turning our cooker off at the main switch, it's none of us, cause I've asked everyone and Davie is still a bit too small to reach the switch, me, I never remember anything like that. It's been happening since not long after we moved in here.

Odd.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Weird huh?

I've smelt the cigarette smoke thing too - neither Sid or I smoke and I do not allow smoking in my house. What puzzles me is though, that nobody I know who has passed away smoked either, so if they are trying to tell me a message it's a strange way to do it!!

I get pretty spooked about the thought of spirits (which is probably why I've never seen one). There have been times in my life (Marius included) where my dog has appeared to be watching something cross the room and nothing was there - brrrrrr makes me shiver thinking of it!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I don't get smells really, well apart from wet doggy smell and they are very much alive LOL.

My house is alive with spirits though. My daughter Charly has taken photos of orbs and spirit people in here. They are fine though as they know they can only go so far before we would get mad with them so apart from hiding things and sometimes gathering around us they don't really bother us that much. Charly quite likes them but if they hang in too close she will tell them where to go LOL.
You seem totally unfazed!!
Have to say this would freak me out!!

I do think some people are more susceptable(sp) to it than others tho....I try and switch off and not think about it, so perhaps i dont see things!!

I could never live in a really old house, no matter how beautiful it was.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
You seem totally unfazed!!
Have to say this would freak me out!! .
I suppose I am really. I have seen things since I was a very young child, my mother said I used to have conversations with people that were not there as a toddler and even before that , before i could talk she would see me watching something (but could see nothing herself) and then I would laugh hysterically and I am now 51yrs old so after all these years it is just normal to me.
My daughter has been the same since she was tiny, in fact she sees and hears more than I do. It doesn't faze her either.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 09:53 PM
when my eldest brother moved to a new house ,he told us his,daughter ,was about 4 at the time .he heard her talking to someone up stairs (no one but her there ) so he said ,who are you talking to .she said the little boy . he said ... what little boy ,she said the little boy sitting on my bed .he thought weird ,any hows she did this quiet often .he was haveing a barby with his neighbour .and he mentioned this .he said really .there was little boy ,who drowned in the river not far from your house house that made me laugh ,as he looks at you like a weirdo ,if you have beleifs (that wiped the smirk off his face )
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Some interesting stuff in here - although kind of wishing i hadnt read through it whilst home alone!

We used to live in an old bakery in Shropshire up until i was 12. When i was about 6 i saw a hooded figure reading a book in the corner of the room, was kind of like a monk. My folks didn't believe me but i saw the same thing a few times and weirdly after that always outside my sisters room who was a goth and used to have friends round to do the Ouiji (sp?) thing.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Just to add your house does not have to be old to be full of spirits. Our house is only about 15yrs old and there had never been houses here before.
However it is on the edge of an old hopital grounds and in the Roman days before the hospital the soldiers would have galloped through here to towards the castle and many would have fallen in battle.
We also once had a not very nice young girl spirit that came with an old dressing table I picked up. We had to get rid of it in the end.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >