Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mikkiduf
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi again Amanda,
I hope that Leo is doing better. I wouldn't put a dog to sleep due to diabetes, unless it appears medically necessary. I have been using benedryl tabs and genesis spray, and this helps somewhat. Since you live in the UK, aren't the allergies better in the winter time?
snugglebites
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Hello
I too have a westie called jessie she is 8 and due to overdoseing on steroids last year (vet didnt monitor her as he should have)became diabetic she has allways had a skin complaint but last year she took bad missdiognosed with cushings.
She went blind and we had an awful time with her, sweetheart suffered so much we check everything now.
Initialy as alast resort before she was diabetic we where given atopica she started drinking loads and we promptly took her off.
Good news we did pay for cataract surgery and she can now see Praise the Lord. her skin still flares up we did purchase off the internet a cream called dermaction it worked well if you check there website it shows before and after results, ofcorse like everything if you stop it it will come back but i dose ease the itching.
At the moment shes been given ok for atopica only give it every other day but today she has a upset tummy.
sorry for going on.
oh if anyone is struggling with giving injections belive me it gets better.
carol nelson
New Member!
Female 

24-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi
my westie is an insulin dependent daibetic with very itchy skin. We have tried evething and now the vet is considering starting atopica awaiting direction from the company has any one any experience of atopica in a diabetic dog.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2