Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
sorry to read this suze naughty fish ,poor little fish .you did the right thing

thank you

first time ive done it myself - but i know it was the right thing to do than have the poor little thing splishing round waiting to die!!

terryc
New Member!
Male 

17-01-2009, 08:02 AM
The best way to euthanise a fish is with clove oil, its an anasthetic it just puts them to sleep and then they pass over completly painless .Its just like the vet does when he has to put a dog or a cat to sleep. Terry.
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Gouramis and Bettas (siamese fighting fish) both can be aggressive probably something to do with them both being labyrinth fish must make them mad I've found gouramis to be more aggressive then Bettas over the years, my friends Gourami one by one killed off all its tank mates and ate most of them, used to find the odd bit of fish. Whereas i've had 5 Bettas over the years and not one has ever killed another fish and all have lived quite happily in a community tank.

Sadly fish shops will often sell you any fish without telling you what it is compatable with or whether you have a big enough aquarium

You did the right thing you couldn't let the fish suffer. I believe the clove oil is the best one to use but never had to do this myself, been very lucky.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2