Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Its only a recent thing I think so don't think you should feel so bad! What makes me laugh is they charge you an administration fee for the privilege too!
Yeah, that sort of annoys me too!

I donwloaded my pass for Manchester at the beginning of the week and still haven't had an email!

I can see panic ensuing at some point this year when I go to print my pass the night before a show only to realise I've run out of ink!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 01:53 AM
When it comes to Higham I stick with the old fashioned paper entry. I've had so many problems with them and they've been far from helpful. I think it's cheeky the fact they charge for online entries as well as it's saving them money not posting them out.
As for the removal order and security of your dog. I don't rely on them. The only show i've found is thorough is Crufts. In particular Manchester (or any show at Staffs) is definately one to be careful of. They'll glance in cars and not even check vans. As I found last year, I took my girl along. There was no unentered tent so I left her in the van. All I had to do to get her out was go to the secretary's table and they gave me a removal order for her, which still wasn't checked for at the gate anyhow. Rule of thumb is don't leave your dog and if you have to get someone to watch them.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I never did receive an e-mail about downloading my passes, and I had run out of ink, luckily we had a spare, but I must say that apart from now, I always enter online when I can and have never had a problem, at least you have a receipt and know that the entry has been received.

I wonder if they have a big pair of scissors to cut the various bits of the pass out? That should be fun!
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I smiled at the post about the security at Manchester.The chap on the gate said 2 Cattle Dogs looked in the back and waved me through. The majority of non show folk have no idea what a Cattle Dog is lol Maybe I am wrong but I think I could have driven out with any 2 not so common breeds
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2009, 07:22 PM
We were at Birmingham National last year with my black and white greyhound.

I was driving a blue car with blue/grey seats with the greyhound on the back seat. I gave the man on the gate the pass for her. He looked through the side window and asked were the dog was !!!!!!!!!! She is mostly black with white legs but he couldn't see her
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2009, 10:33 PM
It transpires that the bar codes are not to prevent anyone printing out duplicate passes and stealing another dog, nope, they are to make sure you don't get an extra catalogue for free - this is what they will be checking them for after the show anyway.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 10:47 PM
What made me laugh on the way out is he checked my removal passes and checked the dogs, but only the amount I had, not the breeds! So it's ok to steal someones dog, just as long as you don't get greedy and steal more than the amount you've pre ordered!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2