View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 07:16 PM
I agree that the photographers would have loved a "contact" shot but there wasn't one to be had.
exaclty, I dont think he hit the dog, just chased it off, prob giving it a good old earful too lol
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
apparently the dogs where having a scuffle, as there is no proof as yet that he hit the dogs, untill such time that proof of him beating the dogs can be brought forward I will sit happily on the fence,

what we have so far is a bit of stick waving.... at two dogs fighting....how many people on here have waved things or struck dogs to stop a fight?
I can think of a fair few threads.
Totally agree!!

For goodness sake, we are calling someone out as an animal abuser over a photo of him waving a stick around.

Lets not hang someone before he has a trial!!

Two dogs fighting, one owner wading in with the intend of splitting them up..and it looks like he succeeded.

If my two have a squabble over something they will both scarper , when i come running too.

Would you rather he was bitten trying to split them up..

They say a pic speaks a thousand words..

Well that one says.. an owner breaking up a fight.. and the dogs scarpering , after the event.

lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Fair comments.

However, I am sure that we each have private opinions of people, formed on previous insights into their behaviour which influence our thoughts on the subject. That is human nature, whether or not you approve of it.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I just see a stick been waved as a threat to a retreating dog.

After any dog scuffle if theyve been told off in anyway they will cower, & personally if two dogs had had a fight id want them to continue to sepArate not to stay so it could flare up again.

I dont see this pic as evidence of dog abuse.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 08:06 PM
to add, if my dog was in a fight & it was serious & i had a stick id use it if i had to, in any way i had to be it a wave or a hit or a poke, & if i had to chase a dog off waving a stick in the air i would too! in the past ive chased off a GSD who was intent on pining flynn to the floor in a very UNplayful way, i had three rope leads on me & i ran towards this dogs flinging them around, they didnt catch the GSD but i wouldnt have cared if they had, but the flinging & the shouting had the desired effect.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Fair comments.

However, I am sure that we each have private opinions of people, formed on previous insights into their behaviour which influence our thoughts on the subject. That is human nature, whether or not you approve of it.
So your previously formed opinions on P Edward is blinding your judgement on this incident.
and a photo of nothing more than him wavign a stick around!!
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So your previously formed opinions on P Edward is blinding your judgement on this incident.
and a photo of nothing more than him wavign a stick around!!
Blinding - no, certainly not! Did it sound like that from my reasoned post on human opinions? Influencing - perhaps just a tad- I am hopefully intelligent enough to see both sides of the argument! I read enough to form judgements but am always open to learning more.

I don't need to be lectured by you either, thank you very much.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:04 PM
As always, Shona has hit the nail on the head! Totally agree! If there had been a "contact" shot, the tabloids would have it splashed all over the front pages of their papers, so just a dog owner waving a stick around at his dogs . Not my idea of appropriate action to take but, if I had big dogs, maybe it would be
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:05 PM
this quote is taken from the article in the link......

my thoughts on this are, well done, how horrid it would be to leave a poor injured animal to die a slow death.

The Prince was criticised by animal rights groups three years ago for dispatching an injured pigeon with his walking stick.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
As always, Shona has hit the nail on the head! Totally agree! If there had been a "contact" shot, the tabloids would have it splashed all over the front pages of their papers, so just a dog owner waving a stick around at his dogs . Not my idea of appropriate action to take but, if I had big dogs, maybe it would be

lol you could prob wave a hanky at your lot...or do I have chi's all wrong,. can they be ferocious little beasties..lol
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »