Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
such ashame your trip wasnt a good one. but at least u can hit the sales down oxford street in january
also if u can manage it a trip around camden markets. theres a smashing pub called the ice warf. its wetherspoon pub so food and drinks really reasonable. i picked up a full length leather coat with a furry collar. in the stables market (new bit there) for £10-00.now thats a good deal.
its an amazing day out. i head off there every chance i get
I'll keep all that in mind. Thanks.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
Oh Nicola. What a pity! It should have been a great trip. Hope your second attempt to see him is more successful.
Thanks Janice. I hope so too!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry it didn't go well for you hope January is better.

Thanks Lynn.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-12-2008, 07:24 PM
also if u can manage it a trip around camden markets. theres a smashing pub called the ice warf. ............ i picked up a full length leather coat with a furry collar...........for £10-00.now thats a good deal.
Take a tip from Bens Mum (and any other Londoners on here) and avoid the 'tourist' traps like the plague. For a long time I've felt that some parts of London are a 'rip off' and just not worth going to. Hope you have a better experience next time.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Take a tip from Bens Mum (and any other Londoners on here) and avoid the 'tourist' traps like the plague. For a long time I've felt that some parts of London are a 'rip off' and just not worth going to. Hope you have a better experience next time.
What kinds of tourist traps, Harvey?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2008, 08:56 PM
So sorry to hear you were disappointed Nicola. I know how much your were looking forward to it. Lets hope the next trip is everything you want it to be.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
What kinds of tourist traps, Harvey?
Well TBH Oxforsd Street is one, when you compare what Bens Mum found in Camden Market (Which not a lot of non Londoners know about) with what you might end up paying in Oxford Street.

Also some of the restaurants are over rated, there are equally good ones tucked away in the 'non trendy' areas which are quieter and likely have better service, and the food is just as good.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:24 PM
i found when i was in camden i told the stall holder im no tourist i live in london also helped that i have a london accent
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well TBH Oxforsd Street is one, when you compare what Bens Mum found in Camden Market (Which not a lot of non Londoners know about) with what you might end up paying in Oxford Street.

Also some of the restaurants are over rated, there are equally good ones tucked away in the 'non trendy' areas which are quieter and likely have better service, and the food is just as good.
Thanks for the info, Harvey, will keep it in mind for my next trip.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:28 PM
i found when i was in camden i told the stall holder im no tourist i live in london also helped that i have a london accent
Good point!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Well, Ticketmaster are going to refund me the money for my Joseph ticket and I can book my next trip to London.

Though I've got nobody to go with as the friend I went can't make it again, so I'll be going on my own! Oh well.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »