View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Pooch is still looking for a forever home.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

I took Pooch for a run today, and after his initial trepidation that I was abducting him (!) he settled into a comfortable trot. I think he could carry on for hours, maybe I should use him as a training partner for my next marathon!

A dog that pulls would be very tiring, but he was very good. And very good with any other dogs we met too, although the pair of Spaniel puppies were a bit overpowering outside the farmhouse. He made sure his tail was in a safe place.

I think Pooch needs a job! As long as he's doing something with someone, he's a happy chappy. He just needs a little praise, and his confidence grows and gives him a purpose. I wish I didn't work in a stuffy office or I'd keep him with me all the time.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Some new photos of Pooch who is still looking for a foster home or his forever home:

These were taken on Saturday with one of our wonderful volunteer dog walkers:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Pooch went into foster with a view to homing and his dream came true. Here is a final update from his new home ...

The adorable Pooch is eating, sleeping & playing well.

Busy days & peaceful nights with him. Haven't walked so much in years & it is doing me the power of good. He continues to settle more & more every day. Can't imagine not having him around, he is SO part of the family. Boy does this handsome fella surprises us every day....he has charm, good looks & a sense of humour. The first time I got the hoover out he was like a Health & Safety Exec....it must be dangerous, so put it away! Grabbing at it and generally being a real pain. Stu has just done the hoovering again today and he's like a different dog....calm, calm, calm. So glad that we are taking everyday as it comes with him x x

Walked the Basingstoke canal for 3 hours yesterday morning & he was enthusiastic all the way, especially as the first part of the walk involved a lot of ball throwing on the Army fields across the road! Learning to leave the ball when asked is a real step forward for us. As you all probably know....Poochie does LURRVE his ball

Today we have just got back from a very wet, muddy & deep puddles common.....Pooch was in his element. Wading thru every & I mean every puddle he could find with his ball in tow. Loves plonking it in the puddle to get it REALLY wet & dirty....then offers it to you to throw He is also very good at show jumping! Loved the fences that horse riders have put up over there.

He has enrolled me into an 'owner' training course towards the end of the month and has told me if I show him up he will be really embarrassed. So I need to be on my best behaviour!! I don't think for one moment that Pooch will struggle, he is one quick learning little Cookie.

Dee....time to make Pooch officially a permanent fixture in our lives

Some pics:

Pooch doing a very good 'chillax'

Mmmmm....those eyes....that face x x

Where he belongs at the end of a long day.

Oh the anticipation for his ball.....focused or what?!!

I think if you look closely he has all four feet off the floor....or he's learnt to levitate!!

Handsome, handsome, handsome

Guiness World Record for the cheesiest grin?
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2