Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
This worries me more than the teasing. Someone could easily let your dog/s loose.

If your car alarm cannot be bypassed when the dogs are left in the car (and most can) then you should have it modified by the manufacturer.

Your dogs are at great risk.
I guess they are, though you could open my car door... my dog will not come out.. that said there is always a first for everything,

the alarm can be bypassed, I can dead lock the car, but have never felt the need to, more so if im only running into pay for petrol and picking up milk or whatever
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 07:09 PM
its a terrible thing to do .if i catched anyone doing it to mine ,i dont think i could bite my lip
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I think we have only done it when we've popped into the pub inside Sutton Park, then the car has been parked right outside the window so we can see them. Cann't really remember doing it any other time, we tend to take the dogs with us. This obviously means one of us has to stand outside the shops whilst the other goes in...or take it in turns to look in the shop. Like we did last year in Wales and this year up by you. Talking of Scotland, we did do it on the occassion when we went for a meal with Hali and OH, then we were jumping up and down like yo-yo's

Like you say there are some idiots out there, they would be the first to complain if they got bitten.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I used to take kaos almost everwhere with me, but not now sadly due to this type of thing, Im not talking about leaving him for long.. just sort of stopping by the shop and running in for bread and milk.. or leaving him in the car while I go and pay for fuel. whatever. people just seem to find it hard to pass a car with a rottie in it without tying to wind them up...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 08:08 PM
With mine it`s quite the opposite. A friend takes us out in her van a lot and Shamus, who has a resonant baying bark that makes him sound ENORMOUS and Daisy, who just sounds gleefully ferocious wait till innocent passers-by get quite close then launch themselves into action, making the van rock as they scream doom and destruction to all and sundry while my friend`s dogs look slightly bemused. It`s amazing how high some people can jump.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
With mine it`s quite the opposite. A friend takes us out in her van a lot and Shamus, who has a resonant baying bark that makes him sound ENORMOUS and Daisy, who just sounds gleefully ferocious wait till innocent passers-by get quite close then launch themselves into action, making the van rock as they scream doom and destruction to all and sundry while my friend`s dogs look slightly bemused. It`s amazing how high some people can jump.
lol thats quite funny, we see a fair bit of it at shows with some of the rotties... stealth rotties... as you say they wait untill your right next to them and give it LARGE..lol
its more funny when the GP are at shows so not really ready for it.. we shouldnt laugh really but I know what you mean about how high some folk jump
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Ha ha - ClaireandDaisy! That is what mine tend to do. We have a pickl-up with a grille back and my lot sit right at the grille and wait for some poor unsuspecting passer-by to wander too close and they bark and bay like the hounds from hell! People really CAN jump VERY high LOL!

Sorry to have come across some real a*seholes Shona ... love your response though
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I used to take kaos almost everwhere with me, but not now sadly due to this type of thing, Im not talking about leaving him for long.. just sort of stopping by the shop and running in for bread and milk.. or leaving him in the car while I go and pay for fuel. whatever. people just seem to find it hard to pass a car with a rottie in it without tying to wind them up...
There was a similar thread about a year ago which got rather heated I hope this one will not go the same way.

Our dogs go everywhere with us and usually I'm the one who stays in the car or takes them for a walk.

When I do leave them in the car Bara is on a lead which is hooked on the head rest and her window is open (But car is locked and Krooklock fitted, usually)

In this country I've never seen teenagers banging on the car. TBH the 'thug' mentality hasn't filtered down to our rural area, it maybe in the cities and big towns but we try to avoid them like the plague

Often people will come up to the car to look at the dogs and ask if they can stroke them, well they are rare here, 80% of all dogs around here are GSD's.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
80% of all dogs around here are GSD's.
Ooh I want to live where you live
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Have you thought about trying to get something to put on the glass so you can see out but people can't see in? Might be worth looking into. So unfair on the poor dogs.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >