Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by EBMEDIC View Post
The answer to this question requires numbers and statistics for full marks.
Academia obsessed I think.

"Does not compute! Does not compute!" There's far more out there you know than what scientists can prove or disprove. As I have said on the other homeopathy thread, a very well respected member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons has carried out clinical trials that show homeopathy works.

Or of course, you could just dismiss those as 'improved from some other cause' aswell.

You and I are so far removed, I'll leave you to your own little blinkered world.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 04:08 PM
IMO not placebo. Arnica was just as effective as traditional anti inflamatories when I used it on my dog. He didn't suffer from lameness as a result of my anxiety either And he didn't recover because I thought he should. He's a dog not a psychic. It worked end of story.
EBMEDIC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post

"Does not compute! Does not compute!" There's far more out there you know than what scientists can prove or disprove. As I have said on the other homeopathy thread, a very well respected member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons has carried out clinical trials that show homeopathy works.

Or of course, you could just dismiss those as 'improved from some other cause' aswell.

You and I are so far removed, I'll leave you to your own little blinkered world.

You say this like its a bad thing!!!!

I have discussed the paper on the other thread. I won't repeat myself.

However I think it is rich that although I am examining the evidence, questioning assumptions and opening myself to data although not unfounded speculation I AM blinkered!

who has a splinter in their eye.
EBMEDIC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
IMO not placebo. Arnica was just as effective as traditional anti inflamatories when I used it on my dog. He didn't suffer from lameness as a result of my anxiety either And he didn't recover because I thought he should. He's a dog not a psychic. It worked end of story.
1 Arnica = herbal not homeopathy

2 everyone can fool themselves. Me too!
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Arnica is also used in homeopathic medicine, as it helps stop bleeding, aids the healing of wounds, reduces bruising and muscular pain from sprains or fractures, over-exertion, trauma etc, and can also be used for shock.

You say this like its a bad thing!!!!
Yes, because it lacks an essential life ingredient:

Experience.
EBMEDIC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Arnica is also used in homeopathic medicine, as it helps stop bleeding, aids the healing of wounds, reduces bruising and muscular pain from sprains or fractures, over-exertion, trauma etc, and can also be used for shock.

Yes, because it lacks an essential life ingredient:

Experience.

I view that as a personal insult which says more about you than me. I will consider reporting this to moderators.
you have no basis to make personal statements about me.

In fact my wealth of experience suggests that experience needs to be backed up by self criticism thorough self analysis, and open minded willingness to question everything. i attempt to look at the data presented - The homeopathy data is just poor. it has not been shown to work and in fact its rationale is not even plausible.
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2008, 07:34 PM
1 Arnica = herbal not homeopathy
This was a false statement not backed up by anything.

And, what exactly is your "wealth of experience" that you repeatedly hint at?
EBMEDIC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2008, 07:51 PM
This was a false statement not backed up by anything.

And, what exactly is your "wealth of experience" that you repeatedly hint at?
2 second google search
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnica
Though I accept I should have put it on the original post.

Not interested in trying to convince people of my authority or whatever- would prefer people to look at the evidence rather than me.
Of course if you feel it is important you state your experience, then perhaps we can judge your statements in the light of the evidence that you appear to think is important.
Ziva
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I know arnica is a herb - that wasn't my point.

As I said, it is also used in homeopathic medicine, as it helps stop bleeding, aids the healing of wounds, reduces bruising and muscular pain from sprains or fractures, over-exertion, trauma etc, and can also be used for shock.

So the OP was correct when she said she had used arnica in homeopathy.
EBMEDIC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
i was replying to this - no mention of homeopathic arnica.

perhaps lokis Mum can clarify the preparation she was using?

The OP post was about homeopathy in general.

Still it remains that you need to show whether it does better than doing nothing for the conditions you have mentioned. Should be simple to show that there is quicker healing.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >