Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Lovely pics, but how could you resist that dear face
She looks a bit snooty after that doesn't she?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lovely pics, but how could you resist that dear face
She looks a bit snooty after that doesn't she?
Simple really, my car just can't take much more "wet dog" smell!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Lovely dog. I`m getting more drawn to Springers...what`s the difference between Welsh and English? And are the working & show types different?
The Welsh Springer is slightly smaller than the English, is just as scatty, but slightly more sensitive also. They only come in one colour a rich red and white and have more of a Roman type of nose than the English. There is no split between the working and show type Welsh, to my knowledge?

The English is split between the working and show type. The show types are generally bigger, have more hair and longer ears. They tend to be more laid back than the working types and can therefore make better pets. The working type is generally smaller with less hair, shorter ears and more active, enjoying to hunt for huntings sake when out and about. There are two other types also, the "classic" show type (Isla) who are bred with the working ethic in mind who therefore have slightly less hair and still have the hunting instinct, albeit less than the working type. There's also the field trial type, bred purely to be field trial champions, they're generally very small and are predominantly white with colour only found on the head and ears.

HTH and that I didn't bore you too much!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 06:48 PM
smashing pictures , it dos look really lovely there . your dog is just stunning love the freckle face lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I do like them - but if I do get one (when and if Daisy ever slows down) I`ll get a Rescue and take Pot Luck I suppose. Thanks.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I do like them - but if I do get one (when and if Daisy ever slows down) I`ll get a Rescue and take Pot Luck I suppose. Thanks.
There is a rescue website/forum where you can let them know what type you're interested in etc, so every body wins!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
smashing pictures , it dos look really lovely there . your dog is just stunning love the freckle face lol
Thanks!

Freckle face, sounds like a good nickname to me!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Great pics, Isla looks great as always I've been to High Force before, it;s quite spectacular after all that rain.

What did Isla make of the swing bridge, I'm not sure if yu have ever been to Reeth, they have one over the river there too, Toby hates it, he nearly crawls over on his belly
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Great pics, Isla looks great as always I've been to High Force before, it;s quite spectacular after all that rain.

What did Isla make of the swing bridge, I'm not sure if yu have ever been to Reeth, they have one over the river there too, Toby hates it, he nearly crawls over on his belly
I walked from Bowlees, up towards the Highforce centre, then crossed the river had a nice walk up to High Force (saves paying for the pleasure! ) and back down the same side back to Bowlees. It's a lovely walk, but you have to watch out for sheep constantly for the first mile or so.

Isla loved the bridge, until she got halfway across and realised it moved! She then paniced and ran back the way she came, such a coward!

Haven't been to Reeth, think I have a walk to do there somewhere in the drawer but with this summer being a washout I haven't really got out walking much this year. They reckon we're going to have less rain this Winter than we've had all Summer, so maybe I'll get to go before Xmas!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I walked from Bowlees, up towards the Highforce centre, then crossed the river had a nice walk up to High Force (saves paying for the pleasure! ) and back down the same side back to Bowlees. It's a lovely walk, but you have to watch out for sheep constantly for the first mile or so.

Isla loved the bridge, until she got halfway across and realised it moved! She then paniced and ran back the way she came, such a coward!

Haven't been to Reeth, think I have a walk to do there somewhere in the drawer but with this summer being a washout I haven't really got out walking much this year. They reckon we're going to have less rain this Winter than we've had all Summer, so maybe I'll get to go before Xmas!
I think we have a walk toofor low and high force, I shall have to find it. I know whta you mean about the summer, we woudl usually go to Yorkshire quite a few times, but we have only been once cos of the weather. I know it shouldn't stop you, but it's a good hour or so drive each way for us, depending on where we are going, so it's a bit of a trek to go wandering in the rain
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I think we have a walk toofor low and high force, I shall have to find it. I know whta you mean about the summer, we woudl usually go to Yorkshire quite a few times, but we have only been once cos of the weather. I know it shouldn't stop you, but it's a good hour or so drive each way for us, depending on where we are going, so it's a bit of a trek to go wandering in the rain
1 hours drive each way is a long way to go to stumble about in the rain. Walking in the rain makes me angry too, so I tend to try and avoid it really!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2