View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Woodstock - The comments were hardly positive about cats were they ?
Honeysmummy - I totally agree with your comments.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Mum to Many - no one anywhere in this thread has said anything about hating cats whatsoever. Just that at the moment they seem to be all over the place driving their dogs a little loopy. Like Mothership said - it's just a light hearted thread! That's all i was commenting on!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Agree that you woodstock and mothership have made the thread light hearted. I just think that the thread starter was a little tactless to cat lovers!
I would hate for my cat to be chased across a road by a dog!
And cats do have the right to roam anywhere, so up to dog owners to train their dogs not to chase cats (or be able to recall them if they do)!
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Oh and yes, i certainly do agree that cats obviously are free to roam (again not sure anyone was really arguing that) and that of course good recall is very important. I grew up in a house hold full of dogs and cats - my golden retriever nursed 2 of our kittens once!!
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Cats arent too bad if theyre your own but theyre such a bl**dy nuisance when its other peoples. Our neighbours cats are constantly coming and doing their business all over our gravelled drive and our garden. Its great, especially when the dogs tread it all through the house.

*shakes fist*

I have a sign on my garden gate that says "I don't let my dog cr*p in your garden, so keep your cats out of mine!"

haha
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2008, 03:15 PM
actually can;t remember if i posted about this but was terrified to hear my welshie growling at something right under the bushes the other day (he was perched on my rhubarb - totally destroying it) and i nearly died inside. I thought he must have got one of the local cats. Instead i found a hedgehog in a ball - perfectly ok just a little confused as to why this dog was having a go at him!!!
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2008, 03:24 PM
by the way no offense intended to anyone that owns cats, im just sick of tidying up the poo and saw the opportunity to have a moan about it
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Cats are funny things, they will act all brave until something chases them. Our Mocha (cat) does that, she teases our Dougal in the garden from the other side of the fence then runs away. Dougal thinks it's a great game, he goes looking for her now.

this is a light hearted thread, I can understand why the others think they way they do. Cats have a very sick sense of humour
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Sorry you feel that way about cats, but not everyone does, I love cats, I have 6 cats, as well as 2 dogs, I think its a shame you can't be more tolerant.
Woah there Nelly! I never said I didn't like cats! I LOVE cats, so please don't go making assumptions.

It's my dogs that annoy me the way they act when they see a cat.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Agree he is a bit stupid not having a fence up.

But it is not the cats fault if your dog runs through a road chasing it, poor cat
Maybe you should keep your dogs on a lead.

Where did I say it was the cat's fault? We were in a park and my dog managed to get out.

Again, please don't make assumptions
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »