View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Just back from vet, vet is literally across the road, we were there as they opened door, he got an antihistamine and the vet says he is fine. I also have to bathe it with vinegar till swelling in his lip comes down. There is no swelling in airways or of his tongue. Shona hun, my mobile is F*cked so can't text or phone you, pm me your number again incase I never get phone back on.

All seems to be well, it was justt scary sh!t the 1 side of his mouth just started to balloon, but vet, whio thinks I am mad anyway, says he will be fine but said We are open till 7.30 if you are still worried!!

Gee stress for today.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 02:47 PM
That's handy having your vet is so close, I was thinking it would be quicker to phone for advice but you can't beat having them just over the road!

Glad that Ben is ok, poor lad and poor you too.x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Glad Ben is OK, that is my big worry this time of year
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 03:30 PM
so glad hes ok,

A young rottie died last week due to a similar situation once the swelling starts, it can take just a few mins for a dog to die, this poor woman watched her 15 month old male pup suffocate before she could get him help,
anywhere round the mouth is dangerous, its just not worth the risk of waiting,,, sorry if I scared you hun x
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 03:32 PM
There is always some swelling with a wasp sting , as long as it's not near his airway things should be fine .
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
There is always some swelling with a wasp sting , as long as it's not near his airway things should be fine .
I guess that can be the hard bit, if the wasp stung inside the mouth at the back of the mouth near the cheek the swelling could spread to both airway and face,,,

they are bloody horrid little things, killers they are I HATE wasps
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Glad Ben is ok now.
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear Ben is ok now! I had a jrt who got stung ..... staggered towards me and then collapsed out cold. He came round, and vomitted we got him into the car and to the vets around a 30 min drive away, and en route his head swelled up almost to twice the size. by time we got there - swelling was on the way down. It happened again a couple of months later, only this time his whole body burst out in lumps and he was writhing on the ground in agony - it was the most horrific experience, again by time I had managed to secure assistance - he was on the road to recovery. I had that poor wee guy pts at 2 1/2 yrs old! I was also out in the park one day and after chasing a squirrel up a tree, it had knocked a wasp nest which decided to attack one of my gsds - hundreds of them! I was way too far from the car, no phone and I had nothing in my pocket - I started raving and roaring (panic and adrenaline) and squeezed them as I pulled them out his coat as fast as I could with my bare fingers. I thought they were going to kill him - but he survived it, he was a resilient dog. I hate wasps with a vengeance, and they can be particularly nasty this time of year as they slow down. You know, they have a thug mentality wasps - when one lets out a distress call the nest come and attack!

Those are just a couple of my horror stories regarding wasps, the odd wasp sting here and there whilst unpleasant, unless it's in situ where it can block the airways with swelling, or an anaphylactic reaction occurs - generally passes on, so hope I haven't worried anyone. Glad Ben's ok I do hate wasps
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2