View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2008, 11:16 AM
have you tried putting a little fish into her food instead, mackeral is great for their coats, and my 2 love a bit of pilchard or sardine
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I was going to suggest Tuna as well.. Selkie is a very fussy eater and resents having the same thing every day, but as I think dry complete dog foods are best, mine eat James Wellbeloved, I mix up the 'flavours' by adding a bit of tuna, chicken, liver, the meat part of whatever I'm having, rice, pasta or occasionally one of those pointless little dogfood sachet things. (I'm sure fine for the chihuahua owner). She loved the Iams dog gravy for a while, but soon went off it, like everything else.
She doesn't need a lot to think the food is yummy and different, just enough to get mixed up with the kibble so that she can't pick it out.
I would not recommend cat food, for all the reasons above.
emma-rose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
She doesn't need a lot to think the food is yummy and different, just enough to get mixed up with the kibble so that she can't pick it out.
This is so true. For the last few days I've been trying Pip with a little tuna or chopped chicken in with the kibble (I've given up totally on the idea of cat food after reading here and doing a bit of research on the net) and it is amazing how little you actually need to encourage her to eat.

Last night and this morning were practically the first times she seemed to actually enjoy eating and left her bowl empty.

Thanks again for all your replies.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2