View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I thought it looked like a deep scratch, rather than a bite. But it was hard to tell with all the dried blood in that photo.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 01:56 PM
wow another damn the rottie type media hype, I have to say, rotties can cause some serious scratches with there feet,
Nero got a sore one from tegan on his tummy a few weeks ago, {he encourages them to get all happy playful when he comes over} bad move,
I think he now knows why I tell him off for it,

Im just so glad this dog is to be spared,

were it a bite there would be multiple tooth holes, I have to say its a scratch, a nasty one but just a scratch
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2008, 02:04 PM
And let's face it, how likely is it that the dogs nails were kept at a reasonable length?

Dogs use their paws to instigate play all the time, they don't even seem to realise they have nails on the end which can scratch. Sounds like a balanced decision was made, well done to the judge I say.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
And let's face it, how likely is it that the dogs nails were kept at a reasonable length?

Dogs use their paws to instigate play all the time, they don't even seem to realise they have nails on the end which can scratch. Sounds like a balanced decision was made, well done to the judge I say.
Tegan has hellish feet, no matter what I do, her nails grow so fast, Vinnie on the other hand has great feet, very short claws but could still give you a really sore scratch,
but all said and done, the longer the claw the worse its gona be
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 03:19 PM
She was on TV the other night and she is badly scarred I have to say, it's obvious.

However, like you guys - I didn't think it looked like a bite and if what they said happened had really happened then I'm pretty damn sure it'd be FAR worse than that (dragging her around the room by her face?)

It seems to me, the kid is terrified because of what her parents have said and the parents want someone to blame because she is scarred.

What good would destroying a friendly dog do? Hopefully the owners have learned to teach the dog not to jump up.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I know a girl who was dragged by her face round her kitchen table by her rotweiller. To look at her now there is only a long, thin scar along her jaw line, I think she has some scarring amongst her hair. I believe she needed stitches and such at the time.

So I wouldn't totally rule out what the parents say, though clearly their version of events is emotionally driven.

I think a judge would take very seriously wether to let a dog involved in such a case live. If there was any doubts I'm sure they'd air on the side of caution and have the dog destroyed.

I hope for the kids sake the parents help her to become acustomed to dogs again and not live in fear. At the moment, from what is said in the press, they appear to be fuelling the fear.
M Pearson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Hello all before i introduce myself i would like to introduce my dog his name is BULLY and he is a Rottie and has had alot of presence in the media at present. Due to a court case that we have been directly involved in.
There is alot that has not been said or been kept quiet to make this STORY sound better in the media.
Myself and my husband have been found not negligent and Bully did not bite Chloe he pushed her away from her mom and accidently caught her with his paw and dew claw.
Thank you for listening.
Michelle Pearson
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Tegan has hellish feet, no matter what I do, her nails grow so fast, Vinnie on the other hand has great feet, very short claws but could still give you a really sore scratch,
but all said and done, the longer the claw the worse its gona be
Have to agree with that ..Bandits feet are atrocious, and his nails need cutting on a weekly basis..partly due to his HD , he does not walk his nails down.

Millie on the other hand, I dont think I have ever had to trim her nails... she has excellent feet and they naturally wear down
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your version of events, it certainly does correspond with Chloe's scars (you can almost see a paw mark).

From what experts have been reported to have said, it sounds that Bully is far more emotionally stable than either of my dogs! According to the reports he had some rather unpleasant temperament tests and passed with flying colours (my guys get a bit skitty when physical tests are performed).

I do think it's about time there was a victory for dogs and innocent owners and would like to congratulate you on not stepping down and allowing them to take your babe.

PS Can we have some piccies of him? Plllleeeasse?
M Pearson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Help i do not know how to add pitures to this thread.
If i have some direction i will try to do it?
Thank You
Michelle and Bully
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »