View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Your dogs will probably get used to the cows given time, however I would keep them on leads or long lines in the garden for the time being. YS has given some great advice about rewarding them for ignoring the cows.

Good luck.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by sallyinlancs View Post
As you are planning to live there it might be an idea to call in on the farmer and let him know you intend to work on this with your dogs. You never know, he might even be willing to help!
He wasnt there when we had called earlier - pity. I was going to suss out his feelings about my dogs (he has dogs himself), will see him next week hopefully.

Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
in oct 06 i moved to the countryside and my staff and cav had different reactions to the horses - my staff was unnervingly disinterested but the cav was very vocal - it takes time but with the daily walks and as little fuss as possible while having horses and sheep in close proximity they evnetually get used to them.
its reassuring to know that things have improved for others - thanks.

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Your dogs will probably get used to the cows given time, however I would keep them on leads or long lines in the garden for the time being.
after the fright of it all there is no way they are going off lead till they get used to the cows.

thanks for all your help guys xxx
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Good luck with it Zoby and do let us know how you get on.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2