debs1
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2008, 03:41 PM
your girls are stunning. his parents are monty and saskia sue from wales
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2008, 03:45 PM
oh not heard of them at all, what lines are they from?
debs1
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2008, 03:57 PM
a utonagan is a siberian husky x alaskan malamute x german shepard.Back in the 80's they were known as northern inuit then someone introduced the german shepard and they were renamed the utonagan.they are a placid breed, very good with children and other dogs.they are a highly intelligant breed and you need a lot of patience to train them,but it is very rewarding when they are trained.if you go on the promotion video for utonagans on utube you will see everything you need to know.the name utonagan means the spirit of the wolf,and that is what they have been bred to look like.they have a long body like a wolf.hope that has explained a bit about the loveable breed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2008, 04:08 PM
as I had one of the original dogs bred by one of the people that started the breed and my 2 came from a person that has been breeding them for the past 11 years, I would say I am pretty familiar with their background and also the current bloodlines, which is why I asked what lines yours is from as the names of his parents aren't ones I recognise
debs1
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2008, 04:14 PM
no need to get so offensive.i misunderstood what you meant.his father monty was a pedigree alaskan malamute and his mother a ute.his grandmother on his mothers side was called skye of olderhill.that is all i know at the moment i am trying to find out about his ancestors
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2008, 04:27 PM
ok, Olderhill is mainly a Northern Inuit line to be honest. If you can find the line his mum is from I can probably point you in the right direction. Although if there is recent Malamute in him he cannot strictly speaking be classed as a Utonagan as the Malamute and Sibe were put in many years ago. As you rightly say a GSD was used a few years ago in a particular line, but there has been no use of the founder breeds really for many years. If you go on one of the NI or Utonagan breed sites you may well find dogs who are connected to the parents of your boy
debs1
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2008, 04:41 PM
all i was told was that his dad monty was a pedigree alaskan malamute and he was from some kennel in penparc,wales and the people didn't want to pay the extra to get his papers.his mother saskia sue was a ute, and her mother was skye of olderhill and she was an inuit.the woman i bought him from angi, seems to not know that much about his ancestory,which i find weird.i would love to find out more as i want to breed from zeus later on and i know very little about him.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2008, 04:59 PM
will try and find something out for you, but Zeus would be classed as a cross be it either utonagan or northern inuit.Olderhill is deff a Northern Inuit kennel affix.
There are unfortunately a lot of people who are breeding from Utonagans and Northern Inuits and calling the offspring Utonagan or Northern Inuit when it isn't actually the case.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >