Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Apparently, you must never cut it short just so that you don't have to do it again too soon,

Oh dear - that is what I do.

Garden is looking gorgeous Helena xx

Mine looks nothing like that - but I think a certain Ridgeback may have something to do with that !!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks Joe, and you mustn't do that coz apparently it kills it! I'm sure mine has grown again in only a few days, so I'm really pleased he's now going to cut it every week. Notice I said "he" there and not "me"!!!

The garden looks even better now coz Dave painted the front of the house today, whilst I was putting black mulch on the tree circles, and don't laugh, but I bought a pair of those small cutters, so I "trimmed" the grass all around the edges of the circles too! I had to buy them to cut behind the bamboo plants coz his mower can't get there and I don't want him using the strimmer near the bamboo's coz he might damage them. They're great, you just charge them up, they're like a big pair of dog clippers, and I think I might be getting obsessed with them now coz I got a bit carried away with those in my little mitts!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Just think yourself lucky I would put up with wonky stripes if OH would even attempt it. We haven't even had a first cut yet, when I do it its always wonky stripes!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Just think yourself lucky I would put up with wonky stripes if OH would even attempt it. We haven't even had a first cut yet, when I do it its always wonky stripes!
Why do you think there is no grass in our garden.......OH and lawn mower he'd be saying 'lawn what'..... he wouldn't have a clue, let alone talking about strips
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:18 PM
I am coming round Helena with a handful of dandelion seeds and throwing them all over that lawn, it has no right being so perfect.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
you do realise telling a VIRGO she has a stripe not straight is like telling Tiger woods he missed a hole

gona run and hide when H gets back
I am married to a Virgo and that is oh so very very true....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes, it is A isn't it, and you should know same as me and Lise (her Brithday is even the same DAY as me!!) I wonder if your hubby has got a pair of those battery charged mini shearers like I've just bought for trimming where the mower can't reach too! I bet he has!!! If not, I'll have to tell him about them!!!

and Kel, now daisies would look just perfect, but perleease no dandelions!!!!
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Well I'm a Gemini. Split personality apparently. So one half of me wants to do the garden and the one doesn't.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Looking lovely Helena, eldest Son is a Virgo and he is just the same he comes in when his Dad has done something and casts a critical eye to see if everything is straight and flat.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2008, 02:39 PM
i think a ufo has been in your garden
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2