Female 

22-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Congratulations to your daughter

sue
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2008, 06:46 PM
That's fantastic. What an inspiration she'll be to others. You must be so proud of her. Oh god, I'm blubbing again!

Watched Gail hugging David in coronation street last night and balled my eyes out. Must be hormones.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 06:48 PM
That's absolutely brilliant, very well done to your daughter, and do you know, it's something I hadn't really thought about too! I never imagined a deaf person driving!!! What an achievement
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:13 PM
That's excellent, Heather. Please pass my congratulations, nay, whoops of delight, to your daughter for all her hard work in achieving the pass.
x0x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Thank you so much everyone, I didn't even know she was trying her test today as she was keeping it a secret. I am over the moon, as this gives her more independence. She is a single mum with a 15 year old daughter, and she has done so well in everything that she tries, but it has always been such an uphill struggle for her. She moved in to her own place when her daughter was 2, I can't tell you how worried I was, because she couldn't hear the baby cry. But with different gadgets like the lights flashing when the baby cried and an alarm vibrator under her pillow to wake her she did it. And her daughter is a credit to her, I am blubbing now so I had better have a cuppa. I am so so proud of her.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Rightly so to be proud of her, she has done so well, please pass on my congratulations to her
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Rightly so to be proud of her, she has done so well, please pass on my congratulations to her
I second that

Nav
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 04:24 PM
WELL DONE to your daughter..what a huge acheivement for her
AND you for making her so determined
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Thank you so much everyone, I didn't even know she was trying her test today as she was keeping it a secret. I am over the moon, as this gives her more independence. She is a single mum with a 15 year old daughter, and she has done so well in everything that she tries, but it has always been such an uphill struggle for her. She moved in to her own place when her daughter was 2, I can't tell you how worried I was, because she couldn't hear the baby cry. But with different gadgets like the lights flashing when the baby cried and an alarm vibrator under her pillow to wake her she did it. And her daughter is a credit to her, I am blubbing now so I had better have a cuppa. I am so so proud of her.
And so you blooming well should be!!!! Some single mothers achieve absolutely nothing in their sad lives, and yet look at your daughter, she's certainly somebody I would be very proud of indeed!! All down to your bringing up of course though
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Wow!
Only just read this (been a bit busy ) But...wow! You, and she, must be so very proud!

Actually...you must...not so sure about her. What we see as a disability, a problem, she sees as being natural. Which means that every day she has to overcome so much more than we do. Has to *do* so much more, just to exist in a world where she is lacking one of the senses we take for granted.

So..she has to work twice as hard to achieve what we do, every single day. For us this is a monumental achievement, for her it is *just another thing she has done*. No, you should not be proud. You should be amazed, impressed, stunned, shocked. She's brilliant
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >