Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I'm all for recycling, but then why should I pay more and more for all the stupid JUNK MAIL that comes every week, to be removed ?

I've decided that in my effort to help with recycling I'm gonna send it all back to where it came from along with a little bit of dog poo............... "here you go ..... you send me your sh*t, I'm returning the courtesy with some of mine" !!!

Seriously we get so much junk mail, Iactually thought this was being addressed, but it seems to be increasing, and I don't see why I should pay for that, I have enough rubbish of my own with a family of 5 and 1 fortnightly collection of 2 bin bags only !! (we don't even have wheelie bins!)
But you can stop all junk mail by registering with MPS and also stop the posties delivering the non-addressed junk mail too. You have to write or e-mail that one but it does work, no more envelopes 'to the householder'.

Here's the link for it all....

http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/featu..._mail.php#q_02
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
But you can stop all junk mail by registering with MPS and also stop the posties delivering the non-addressed junk mail too. You have to write or e-mail that one but it does work, no more envelopes 'to the householder'.

Here's the link for it all....

http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/featu..._mail.php#q_02
We've done it twice at this address, and our house was previously (decaces ago) part of a much, much, bigger house which was converted into smaller terraced houses, but we all have the same address (except for A1, B2, C1 etc,), and we still get the same crap for all of the terraces ! as it's the first on the corner of the street !! The Mail Preference Service doesn't differentiate between the houses
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2008, 01:14 PM
we have pink sacks for re-cyc stuff, an orange box for glass. and then a normal weekly rubbish collection. re-cyc is fortnightly. theres a house near us that puts their rubbish out 2 days b4 its due, so of course the foxes n cats have a feast. the rubbish (including dirty nappys) get spead all over the path behind our place. its been reported to the council. what they will do is have a look through, find an address and write to them, and if they persist they will get fined. but they will get a warning, but its not pleasant for anyone to walk past. and what happens when it gets sunny (LOL) it will smell and attract flies.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2