Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw thanks for that Mys! So this is the shape of things to come?
It could be - but lets hope she grows out of it - where as there is no hope for me
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Hayleybella - how old are yours? Mine isn't even two yet.
5 and ten the girls are!! Nicole (5) can throw some spectacular tantrums and she had terrible twos but they started at 18 months!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:02 AM
My son throws paddys at points now....when he's really tired. He's 8 on Monday!!!!! I think they all have their moments.
In all honesty though LS I found the time between when he was 1 and 2 the hardest because they become determined to do things, but they don't have the language for you to explain to them carefully why climbing into the fireplace when the fire is on is a bad idea....it's such hard work that age!!! IT does get better because you can start to reason with them as they get older...BUT the paddys still happen. As Hayleybella said...5 is another age, they've just started school and are totally exhausted. You're missing them...but they come home as children from hell on some days, due to sheer exhaustion!!!! The joys of parenting huh?!!! Dogs are sooooooooooooo much easier!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 07:37 AM
We didnt get the terrible 2's, we have the terrible 6's she was such a little angel as a baby so shes making up for lost time now.

I agree with the others that said walk away, it really does work, if no-one is listening or taking any notice they do tend to stop alot quicker.

Its when they do it in the middle of a shopping center it gets embarrasing
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
True - Loki has his mad moments but no tantrums! Phew!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 11:37 AM
True - Loki has his mad moments but no tantrums! Phew!

It must be something about my house! - Takoda has tantrums, if he is at home and say he doesn't want to get off the bed, he will get on the bed and start to frantically dig then proceed to pull the covers off the bed or he will start chucking cushions about etc or if he is outside and gets frustrated - wants to chase something and is onlead he gets fixated on digging again, infact he can't stop still on a walk without digging in protest lol. Don't forget the sort of tantrums they throw on a walk if you try to get them to wear a headcollar... I can't blame him - he is mine after all!

At least they don't scream I guess lol.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I hadn't thought of that. Damn, okay Loki gets tantrums too.
ARGHGHGHGH!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 01:52 PM
if we are talking about kids and their temper tantrums. er ive got 2 daughters in their 30s and they still throw temper tantrums n hissy fits. dont think mine have ever grown up; they still argue not talk for ages on end.
so get used to it girls its here to stay.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 05:56 PM
hello !!!

ah the joys of parenting....

Well luca is only 16 months and is already started throwing tantrums, i either ignore him or start prentending toi be really interested in a book./toy etc of his and he soon snaps out of it.

He however has taken to trying to batter his head off the floor/wall/dog/toy whatever is in reach when he doesnt get his own way.

Also if you dont answer him within about 10 secs of him asking you something - he keeps shouting "whats that " whats that etc at great volume until he acknowledge him!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Dunno how we managed it but Davie managed to skip the tantrums during the terrible 2's. We get them now instead, he's 7. We get the cheek, the disobedience and the 'why should I?!'.

*runs around gibbering*
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >