View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I only work in one school as a supply teacher (my kids ) so do have some continuity with satff and kids it is just not the same as being a permanent member of staff. There are other schools locally who have contacted me for work who I have declined at the moment as I have enough work at present.I think it was the appeal of working with a special needs child on a one to one basis and being part of the staff in amore permamnent way.I think Benz mums post highlights the pros and cons very well....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Ailsa I was hoping you would reply.

I am just one of these people who also hates saying no to people...Your points are great and that is exactly the feed back I need.It was me who first expressed interst but I feel it was with rose tinted glasses.The practicalities outweigh the dream.
I'm the same Rachel, don't like to say no or let people down, bUT I think if I were in your position, I would picture myself being tied to 3 and a half days a week, perhaps in a class where I felt the teacher could be more inspiring ( ) wondering what I was doing it for when I could be paid more for doing supply and not have the paperwork etc.
I have to admit I like all the things you said about having a 'proper' job, the friendships, the relationships with the children etc, but I just know my heart wouldn't be in it and I think until it is, it wouldn't be fair to take on a 'proper' job, if you see what I mean. I don't personally feel ready to commit to the daily grind again and prefer to do supply when I can, doing one day a week is bad enough!!!!! I'm not sure I will do that next year.
If supply is working for you and your family then stick with that. If you feel you need more, then why not ask your agency if they can find you a regular slot in a school? I fell upon this day by accident when I covered someone elses PPA cover...who then didn't want it anymore!
I do like the idea of a regular part time job, but think you have to look at the quality of life, not just for you, but for all the family and I know ours would suffer massively if I took on a job like that. We wouldn't be able to add another pup later in the year either!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide and congratulations.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Just seen your other post...sounds like what you already have is working really well for all of you....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2