View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Jackie My brother in law suffered from anorexia and bullemia for many years , Before he died , He didnt die from the eating disorder he died suddently from a heart attack , Im not sure i can be much help but ill try , as i spent a lot of time with mu brother in law and got to know his little habbits xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 06:44 PM
13 is just the age, too. Hormones raging, teenage angst. You have my sympathy, Jackie, you really do. It's no wonder you're at your wits end. Hopefully you can find more info and may some comfort and sensible advice from the website.
*hugs* honey xoxox
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Thank you DK

we have sat tonight and had a heart to heart, cried many tears and have spoke about why she thinks she is fat as she calls it
she says she is not happy with the way she looks and wants to lose weight from her tummy (she aint got one) her thighs (they are thin) she says she has a double chin

the most we can get her to eat in a day is a bowl of instant mash and then it is a real battle

she refuses to eat in front of anyone also

the doctor weighs her once a month and i feel this is not enough
and also he says he is not concerned yet about her, even though she sat their and told him she is fat and wants to lose loads more weight

what i really wanna find out is what can i demand from the doctor tomorrow??
i feel like a fish in a very big sea right now and dont know where to turn or what to say to her

Vicki i looked at that sight briefly before she caught meagain am gonna take a good look tomorrow while she is at school
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Danni-Leigh is gorgeous!
I have seen her pictures you have posted Jackie, and she looks great, doesn't need to loose any weight at all!
I hope the doctor helps you when you go
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Thank you Hevvur
but she dont believe anyone
she really does see herself as very fat
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 07:40 AM
God love you both Jackie, this must be torture for you. Consider going to see her doctor yourself without her there - you could probably talk more freely about what their criteria are for concern. If you still don't feel like you're getting anywhere, consider getting a second opinion. I hope you get some help from the anorexia support groups - I expect some have helplines you could call if it helps you more to speak to a real human being. May I suggest you also keep an eye on your daughter's internet usage: there are a lot of very damaging pro-anorexia websites which feed on young women's insecurities.

It's good that you and your daughter are talking, although it must be very fraught. Try to find out whether she has other things stressing her out. Eating disorders can be an expression of other anxiety or depression, and this may be something you can help with. If your daughter enjoys exercise, that might be a useful way to increase her self-confidence and lift her mood, but just watch out that it doesn't become obsessive in itself. Maybe the two of you could go to exercise classes together..?
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm so sorry you're going through this hun, I've no advice for you I'm afraid, you must be so worried about her, I'm just sending big (((HUGS))) to you, and Collie kisses from Jack.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2008, 08:43 AM
No advice Jackie.
I hope you can get some support and things start to take a turn for the better. (((Hugs))). xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Thank you all very much for your support

Duboing thank you for that, yes i am going to see her doctor tonight while the nurse weighs her again
we had tantrums this morning as she said she is not going to be weighed as she dont need it
she has gone off to school now so i am gonna have a look on the net and see what i can find

yes she does go on the net and it does worry me alot so will be resricting her access i think
as for excerise she has no energy to do anything so we cannot do that
she is missing 1-2 days a week from school cos she is so tired and when she has her period it is 2-3 days
the school have voiced concerns over her weight too and have watched her at lunchtimes for us but she goes no where near the dinner hall
we have made her pack lunch and she wont take it

she seems to think it is great that she has gone from a size 12 jeans to a size 6 but says that is still to big

even Sam my eldest was shocked when she come up 2 weeks ago and she said to her that even she is a size 8, when my youngest was overjoyed that she is now smaller

am really gonna have a serious chat tonight with the doctor, i know they are not too concerned at the moment, but what weight does she have to be before they DO become concerned

she was saying to me last night my hip bones need to stick out more than this to look good

my heart is breaking for her
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I had a friend who was anorexic, she was 18 at the time. Painfully thin she was so weak she had to stop her driving lessons as she couldn't put the hand brake on

She was very tall about 5"10 and weighed 5 stone at one point I believe she was drip and force fed. She said when she was younger she used to eat tissue and paper to make her feel full so that might be worth looking out for

Have lots more things I could say but each case is individual and she was really an extreme case, sadly after college we lost touch as she moved away to further her education.

I do hope you can get help for her as it is a horrible illness and my friend battled it really hard but on many occassion it won.....she hid it under lots of thick clothes.

She was very crafty with food and could make her self sick without making a noise

All this she told me when she was on her way to getting better.....

If you want to ask anything please do as I have seen a lot in the time we were friends

Mel x
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >