View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Helen the best way to dry out the wall would be to hire a dehumidifier as it will draw the moisture out of the room.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks Colin, never thought of that - I'm on the case!!! What would I do without you!!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I just sneaked a peak at this after reading about your shoulder/knee - no advice (sorry) but can I just say, "ARGH", not more hassle for H!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Story of my life Lucky! I'm sure somebody has got one of those ephagy (sp?) dolls of me and the house, and keeps sticking pins in it!!!!!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Colin, never thought of that - I'm on the case!!! What would I do without you!!!!!
Helen don't forget to empty the bucket every three to four hours, or better still get one which has a hose and then you can just run that out the back door.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:45 PM
They're not cheap are they Colin!!! It's more economical to hire it for a week at £87,otherwise it's £40 a day anyway!!! Got one being delivered tomorrow morning at 9.30 coz they cannot be turned on their side, otherwise I'd have picked it up in the estate car. Plasterer starts next wednesday so it should be dry for him if I leave it running - and remember to empty that bucket of course! Otherwise I might need a pump to syphon out all the water on the floor out there!!! Surely I can't leave the back door open coz it will be dehumidifying the atmosphere outside won't it?????? Hopefully I can stick the hose out through the letterbox? Failing that, a bucket it is then! Thanks Colin - job sorted!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 03:56 PM
They're not cheap are they Colin!!! It's more economical to hire it for a week at £87,otherwise it's £40 a day anyway!!! Got one being delivered tomorrow morning at 9.30 coz they cannot be turned on their side, otherwise I'd have picked it up in the estate car. Plasterer starts next wednesday so it should be dry for him if I leave it running - and remember to empty that bucket of course! Otherwise I might need a pump to syphon out all the water on the floor out there!!! Surely I can't leave the back door open coz it will be dehumidifying the atmosphere outside won't it?????? Hopefully I can stick the hose out through the letterbox? Failing that, a bucket it is then! Thanks Colin - job sorted!
Most of the hired ones come with a flat hose so you just run it under the door. Don't forget you will not get a rush of water, but just a tiny trickle coming out of it.

You got a really good deal only having to pay £87 for the week including delivery and collection, because normally you would expect to pay over a £100 for a week.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Bit like my air conditioner then??? Talking of which, I don't suppose.......... ??????
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Bit like my air conditioner then??? Talking of which, I don't suppose.......... ??????
and you was about to say?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Helena, just caught this, don't render the wall, the rain etc will just penetrate that too, you can get sealing paint preparations to paint the ouside surface, it's years since I have done this so I don't know the new brands that're on the market.
Once the wall is sealed no more dampness will penetrate, you can always finish off the job with a finishing coat of (we used to use Sandtex) to make it look nice, the secret is to stop the water from soaking into the wall.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >