View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
i wouldnt risk him in the car not with dog theft the ways it is would you be able to keep an eye on the car?
Flynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Has anyone tried window sox?

http://www.windowsox.co.uk/

Yeah it should be great! If the weather stays good. Nothing like wandering about woods in nice weather!

The car park is very visable from the club house and is down a hill from the course. But many people come and go (bad or good thing!)
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:13 PM
As long as you can park in the shade I think it should be ok. Someone on here recommended these window sox things so they must do the job. If he normally sleeps no-one will see him so he should be quite safe plus the sox will hide the inside of the car a bit.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I honestly don't think it would be a good idea, not with all the dog thefts at the moment.
Originally Posted by angied View Post
i wouldnt risk him in the car not with dog theft the ways it is would you be able to keep an eye on the car?
I would agree with both of these posts. Most dog thefts are opportunistic, personally I just wouldn't risk it, but that's just my opinion.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I never think about things like dog thefts. My 2 get left in the car sometimes for several hours and they just lie down and sleep as they are used to it.

As long as the car is in shade I should imagine Flynn would be ok, depends on how much you worry about theft or him getting bored etc.
Flynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Not worried about him getting bored. And not as worried about theft as he will be ina secure car park and lots of greenkeepers will be keeping an eye out. My main concern is keeping the car cool.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
One broken window - one stolen dog.

It happens all the time - golf courses are no exception.

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk. I'd rather leave him at home, where he'll sleep just the same, but be safe.

x0x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Are there any kennels nearby where you could leave him until lunch etc? Dog sitters in the area where you could do a short term arrangement? I'm just thinking of other arrangements .
Gemma27
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2008, 11:54 AM
My brother now has a job where he has to leave his dog in the car for periods. It has regular walks throughout the time and only stays in acr for no longer than 2 hours. It is really just an extended crate but you must ensure that it is in a safe place and very well protected from any heat.
Anything you use for a crate e.g Kongs, stuffed toilet rolls etc should be fine for the car.
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2008, 12:19 PM
I think he will be fine.
I have had to leave Riley in the car and van at various points for emergency reasons. He has always been fine.
I dont get paranoid about dognapping as Riley is a cross breed (but still as gorgeous in my opinion) and thiefs usually go for unusual and rare dogs so they can sell them on or use them for breeding.
Plus a lab is not a small dog, if they break the window, they would have to lift him out as he wont come willingly if he is scared.

I understand that awful things like this do happen but the chances are slim (unless you feel you are in a high risk area) and surely its better than leaving your poor dog alone at home all day.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >