Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Boys with their toys they have no idea
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 08:13 PM
It's a crying shame these morons have been attracted to the staffy breed. They are wonderful dogs, suffering at the hands of idiots. Then when they can't be bothered they are thrown out onto the streets. The dog shelter where I go I would say is 85% staffy/staffy x's. All cast offs of stupid people!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 09:36 PM
OH went out the other day, and sitting on a bench was a row of *chav princesses* all with their staffs at their feet.
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-02-2008, 07:18 PM
It is a shame that Staffs have become the chav and drug dealers dog of choice. The vast majority of owners that have Staffs live and breath the breed and keep their dog well under control and are aware of the dogs capability so problems don't arise.

I am afraid that despite my liberal attitude to all sorts, I am starting to get slightly anti Staffy as a fair chunk of the owners around these parts have the dog of the lead and seem to be owned by morons and have no problem with the fact that their dog is likely to attack unprovoked.

Its not the breeds fault, but its the way it has become and unfortunately it giving the breed a bad name and people do tend to tar everyone with the same brush.

Odd when I have two male Dobes and a bitch all of the lead rarely does anyone react negatively but believe that undocked dobes look less obvious to the unenlightened as being dobes and look less aggressive, however, one Staffy and a few dodgy types immediately provokes a wary approach.

Its not a breed I particularly warm too, and would never own one partly for that reason but also because of the stigma now attached too them.

I feel sorry for Staffy owners of which there are many on this forum, the breed does seem to attract the wrong sort of recent times and it does seem to label you as 'one of them' even though you are not.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 07:35 PM
yep i agree with you all its just the small amount of idiots ,who these poor dogs are being homed with for all the wrong reasons ,its very sad and im not quiet sure when it all begun , im not sure what the future has in store to sort this problem out ,to help this lovely breed be treated the way they deserve ,so they all are liveing the life they deserve .
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi misse,untill a year ago we lived in dagenham (my daughter still does)so i understand exactly what your saying ,i used to dread taking gemma out ,as the number of boys with staffies was even then increasing as you say its not the dogs fault ,but it doesnt make it any less scary like you when ever possible we used to go to south weald well worth the drive ,but not possible every day ,have to say that its one of the things i most cherish about having moved ,and meeting with an altogther more responsible group of owners , i do feel for you but dont really see things changing ,as all my friends who still live there keep telling me the same things .

by the way woudnt it be strange if i actully know you from the parks that i used to walk regulally with gemma ,you never know
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Olly - it would be strange - our parks of choice King George Fields and Dagenham Old Park - both within walking distance. One three minutes and one ten minutes. Belhus Woods country park is the one I'd choose to drive to. Eastbrookend Country Park was where Missy and my friends EBT Bill first got attacked. Too many idiots there.

All this week we have been discussing moving.
I've never been worried to walk a dog before, but I'm getting that way here, now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2