View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 08:32 PM
What an awful night for you Karen. The GSD owner needs to be reprimanded for their behaviour so I hope the police pay a visit. Hope wee Bobby recovers quickly. Some people have no idea how to keep their dogs under control
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 08:32 PM
God - how awfull - poor little yorkie - hope he's ok
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 08:39 PM
blimey kazz what a shock. you should be proud of yourself for what you did for bobby. i hope he pulls through. sounds like you have some lovely neighbours. I hope the gsd owners learn a lesson
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 08:46 PM
omg kazz, hope everyone is ok! that poor woman really hope her dog pulls through, what a shock for her! well done to you for helping!

this is probably the wrong time to ask, but why are they called GSDs and not just GS. why add the 'dog' to the end, it isnt done to any other breed? ive always wondered this
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Kazz...

Good for you for not backing off from shock and actually breaking up a fight! They get into them here once in a bit and I get nervous with my own dogs...can't imagine the shakiness of breaking up a fight with dogs that aren't your own.

I'm glad you got 3 stitches instead of 30. Split lips heal, the man's wrist will get better...sadly...doesn't seem as though the GSD owners are any worse for the wear mentally.

If my dog had done that, or I had been that irresponsible, I would have been the first one to jump into the fight and tripping over myself apologizing. What are they like being so indifferent?? Sad.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 09:01 PM
It stands for German Shepherd Dogs. So there's a logical explanation for the D A german shepherd could easily be a human, right?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Blimey Kazz what a night you've had
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2005, 09:21 PM
OMG!!! thats well bad hope everyone involved is ok. Surely the GSD (agree with Jenny I don't understand the D) owners should pay any nesaccary money towards the accident!!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 09:38 PM
j, i know what the D stands for, but why have it there when DOG isnt put at the end of any other breed?
and i assume the 'alsation' is the same as the german sheperd and if so, why do they have 2 names
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Sounds to me like a small incident that esscolated (sp?) very very fast, it happens sometimes and you are left wondering how it all got so wrong. Maybe the GSD's owner was actually embarrased? that could count for their behaviour, they probably thought that it was something and nothing but then when it got all buckwild they just didn't know how to react. Not sticking up for them or anything but you know...Although they should have kept the GSD firmly on that lead after the fight had been split up in the first place. Also both owners could have done without shouting and waving their arms all over as this would have only just made the situation and the dogs worse, that gsd probably reacted to all of the aggression and it all had a snowball effect, if the situation was to have been kept a little calmer maybe it wouldn't have gotten quite so out of control.

All in all, It all sounds very unfortunate to me. I hope everyone concerned all recovers, bruises and perhaps reputations (with regards to the GSD and it's owner). Most of all the Yorkie!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »