View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tara8t8
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Haha! Gosh, everyone is an expert nowadays huh!? If anything she should have been learning from Jack!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
well done for keeping calm!! (and having sucha well behaved dog!!)

id have said mind your own effing business
probably me too! Mine are pretty good and don't bother other people and their dogs but obviously sometimes 3 collies charging towards you can be a bit unnerving so I will call them back to me and put them in a sit. I also do this when we see another dog on a lead or a dog that we don't know on lead or off. I've lost count of the number of times that strange dogs have come up and started sniffing around them when they are all watching me. The usual comment is "oh, aren't they all good?" My answer? "yes they are but it's a shame that yours isn't!" Seriously though, Kel was attacked as a pup and even now doesn't like strange dogs crowding him like that, he has to be introduced properly but the number of times that I have argued with people about this defies belief! The worst ones are the "we only take our dog out during family visits" brigade
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Cheeky cow, I swear my patience only goes so far, but well done to you for keeping so calm, not sure I could of to be honest:smt001
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 07:59 AM
every ones a expert !!!!!

A few years ago i had to deal with a woman abusing me most days for training flynn in the park, the problem was her dog would come over to see & she couldnt call him back. I had all sorts called at me & in the end (after over a year) i had ago back! whoops! i said some really nasty things.she cryed.She threatened to hit me & kill me! that was funny i was like well im right here then, come on. She ran away!!!!!

Bear in mind that my dogs have a ball & are trained with food & toys. Seeing a dog flying out on a 100 meter SA was obvvisly too much for her! Heres a piccy of me training flynn, i think he looks tramatised & unhappy dont you? & should have been allowed to just walk around the park (baring in mind he had walks in the woods, moor & beach& her dog just got to plod around the park)

Poor flynn

How to make a depressed dog do a SA

(OMG look at the face in the last pic!!! im SOOOO cruel!)
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Oh good grief!
If she had one more brain cell the two rubbing together could have caused a fire!

You keep on training, and ignore the eejits!
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
No wonder you were mad...blimey some people!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
OMG!!! Mish I don't know how you dare take that dog out in public! He is clearly very unhappy and stressed, stop it at once! :smt002
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Ben is obviously more switched on than your helpful lady
He certainly is ,and its common sense not some second hand nonsense he uses!!

Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
Well done for having a well behaved dog who focuses on you in situations like that . And well done too for keeping yourself calm. I bet you wanted to give her a mouthful really
Thank you, I think having my baby boy there helped if I'm honest!!

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

How to make a depressed dog do a SA

(OMG look at the face in the last pic!!! im SOOOO cruel!)
Oddly enough, I think thats what started it. Before I was doing the stay work with Jack, I had him jumping benches and doing the dog walk on them. Maybe she thought I was showing off, but I think what bothered her was the fact that Jack was so focused on me because he wanted to be! Like you say he must feel deprived by me to work like that for me... I dont think!!
Flyn looks devastated by the way, you should train less!!!

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Oh good grief!
If she had one more brain cell the two rubbing together could have caused a fire!

You keep on training, and ignore the eejits!
Bless you sweet X

Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
No wonder you were mad...blimey some people!
Thanks
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh boy!

I agree, you should have been credited with training your dog and working so hard with him - well done you.

Take no notice - it's a wonder she didn't advice you to Alpha-roll him or bite his ear to show him who's boss:smt019I'd love to see how well-behaved her dogs are with an 'expert' owner like her!

Keep up the good work:smt023

PS Mishflynn - wonderful pics! A joy to see a dog enjoying being so 'cruelly treated'!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2