View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Abbas I have just raised a litter on raw, they were introduced at 5-6 weeks to wings,including bones, at about 8 weeks they were crunching through them like they were made of butter., Note, I believe its not advisable to feed both raw meat and buscuit meals at the same time, the two foods break down at different rates and can apparently cause bloat.

Mo
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Abbas...

The point of a complete food is convenience mainly. The nutrients are already balanced out, etc. Feeding raw and bagged, IMO, runs you the risk of giving too much of something that they shouldn't have too much of.

There's a difference between tossing a chicken wing into their bowl occassionally and feeding meaty bits, veggies, etc. with every meal.

I think that it's best to either go one way or the other, but I could be wrong. I'm sure you'll figure it out in your reading.
Lucca's Mom
New Member!
Female 

26-02-2009, 07:13 PM
I have an Alaskan Malamute puppy whi is now 11 weeks old. He was raised on the BARF diet as were the rest of his pack. I have continued as best I can. Our previous Mute was fed on Eukanuba. He only ate it when it hads something on it - tin tuna, spag bol! Lucca absolutely loves his raw food diet. Although I have read the recommended books the Raw Meaty Bones side of it is difficult to follow - not many kangaroo tails around here. However I am persevering with a raw diet, including bones such as breast of lamb, chicken carcasses and wings and occasional pork ribs. He is thriving, no upset stomachs, plenty of energy as you would expect. Will just have to see how it goes - as long as he looks right and seems happy I will carry on.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2