View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Hi Tuti, may I sat one little thing you have only had Archie a week? Remember he is a very tiny little chap and has had an awful lot to take in in a very short time, there is no great rush ...it is good to let puppies get used to one thing before moving on to the next he is soo sweet and doing so well bless him you can really be proud of him
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Mini, I agree it's hard for him, and he is very clever and doing well, the thing is I think he needs to know how his life is going to be, and sadly part of that will be staying alone sometimes!

I wish I could stay with him all day, but I have uni!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2005, 10:56 AM
My mum has just taken little Archie to the Garden Center, he will be alone in the car for around 20min!

I packed him off with the cardboard tube from a toilet roll, it's got bits of cheese, treats, biscuit and some kibble in it and it's folded over at the ends. (didn't want to use a kong as things get quite messy with them!) Let's hope it keeps him busy!

It seems like my mum understood that he needs to learn to be alone thanks for all the advice all of you! (on this thread and the melodramatic 'disaster' one! )
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2005, 12:29 PM
This is my opinion, you might shoot me down in flames, but at such a young age, and just leaving his mother and playmates, it is a bit early to leave him alone. In his eyes he has been abandoned, that is why he cry's when he wakes up (He is shouting "where's everyone at, I'm all alone")

We all have our own ideas though so what suits you best, go with it.

Ian
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2