View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 12:54 PM
well hopefully his pet food thing will be bringing in an extra 200 a month...which i said if i was at home i can do the deliveries...put baby in car seat and nip out

i suppose i need reasurance...
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2008, 01:02 PM
I went back to work full time when my first daughter was 20 weeks old and cry now just thinking of how awful it was i was one of those i can do everything women who had to have a high pressure career and a sparkling clean house and a picture perfect baby !!!!!!

I was pregnant within a year and had difficulties early in the pregnancy - that is where everything fell apart - my job wasnt indispensible, my house was a shambles and my first baby wasnt like a boden ad! This is where i took stock and decided i couldnt do it all, so i went back to work part time but ended up doing a full weeks worth of work in three days and had to face constant jibes about lying in bed four days a week!

i have been a full time mum for seven years and yes its a very tough job and yes money is an issue and yes you do sort of lose yourself for a while but its a great way to live your life, kids make you see life in a different way and they grow up so fast no two days are the same

we didnt even have a joint account when we went down to one income - that was a shocker - but its surprising how quickly yours and mine becomes ours when theres a little one binding you

good luck
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I was a stay @ home mum for 14 yrs.
I never worked simply because if i did get a job it would go on child care and be of no benefit to us.
But if your oh works regular shifts there will be something you could do to earn a bit extra.
It isn't easy when you have a lmited budget, and the bills to pay, although we never feel out over cash, we both wished life was more comfortable financially.
It was hard, but i wouldn't have changed it looking back, i feel kids benefit from stay at home mums, my sister worked full time all the way through and she missed so much with the girls, but she is the main earner so no choice.
I know work full time and love the extra cash coming in, all those things we couldn't have then we can now.
Plus my 2 aren't babys anymore @ 9 and 16.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 02:09 PM
thanks guys.....

im just scared after looking at the finances we would have NO SPARE cash and that freaks me out, i suppose it because im used to having the spare cash!

i know there would be sacrifices and i really only spend about £10 a week on myself...

i loved having my mum at home whilst i grew up...i remember helping her fold clothes before my sis and bro came back from school....(and playing with the dog!)

Alex
xx
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
i did delivery of parcels when mine where young i used to pop the parcels in the double buggy and deliver them i live in a village and got to know the regulars who had parcels and met alot of them at the school or they came to me to pick up their parcels. there are ways round it to get a bit of money in it wasnt alot but it all helps
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
If you are a mum that worked full time ( IE had yor own cash) and then became full time mum relying on your OH's cash)

Did you enjoy it?

I love being a full-time mum.

Did you feel beholden to them?

No. We have both contributed to our family in many ways and I am contributing now by being with our child.

Did your now lack of cash cause arguments?

Only when I panic about it .

What was the situation if you wanted to buy a new pair of shoes or some clothes?

I buy them.
Hope that helps .
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I gave up work when I had my son, I have no regrets....
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 12:56 AM
thanks giuys!!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2