View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 10:28 AM
its like that at our local sainsburys (bamber bridge preston)
customers are coming into my card shop saying its madness and people are buying 10 loaves at a time.... the local spar is OPE XMAS DAY!!!!! so if they run out of bread, milk etc there is no reason to panic!!!!

ITs madness....

PS how long does a fresh turkey last in fridge before cooking???
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry can't help about the Turkey, we don't have one, nice piece of beef and a smoked ham here!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Its always mental up here, thats why I do my shopping at 5-6am, never anyone about.

I know its only one day, but I dont like going out at all over xmas and also have a load of guests so it makes sense to stock up.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I've never understood why people go so crazy buying so much food over xmas, the only extra thing I will buy is a loaf of bread, oh and a couple of tins of celebrations for when my friends come over as they were on special in tesco
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I've been in Tesco and Asda today (not for food), and they were both mental!

You think panic buying bread and milk it bad.....people are panic buying straw/hay/rabbit/bird food from my shop (not that i'm complaining)!

We did more in 3 days this week than we normally do in 5 days!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 04:57 PM
just spoke to a lady when picking my son up from school . She saw several drunk people in Sainsbury's one with a Turkey on his head What is happening to the world
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post

I know its only one day, but I dont like going out at all over xmas and also have a load of guests so it makes sense to stock up.

glad im not the only

We spend days in our pjs so i dont look at it being only one day - for us its a food/drink/rest/tv fest and we love it

i've got all the food sorted so am happy as ...
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm braving Sainsbury's at 6am tomorrow! Turkey is coming from local farmer i.e. just down the road, so no probs there!
Becky
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Got my turkey ordered and paid for from the Butchers........always lovely.
Only got to collect it Christmas eve morning, and get some tomatoes and maybe a loaf. Brought not loads more but a little bit..ie Chocolate.

Have a Happy Christmas everyone.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Well I staggered out of bed this morning after a night out with my old colleagues last night. Got to Morrisons at 8:15 and it was flaming mayhem. Have honestly never seen anything like it! I didn't need a lot as the main shop has been done but what I did have was heavy stuff. Fought my way through people with 2 trolleys each and was outside waiting for a cab by 9:10.
The wait for the cab was the worst part as they said it would be 20 minutes and 40 minutes later it turned up I wish they wouldn't lie about how long it was going to be. The driver didn't even get the call til 9:50 and that was 40 minutes after I rang! What a flippin nightmare.
Anyway at least we're all ready now. I do feel for anyone who still has shopping to do now.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >