View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh Lorna, what a terrible time you're having at the moment, I'm so sorry.

If you're thinking of renting in the new year, I would do some searching now, because it's very, very difficult to rent a place with a dog, and I think you're going to find it very difficult, so do some research now it might take a lot longer than you think. I hope things improve though and you can stay put. I haven't got any helpful advice, just want to send some hugs to you, you must be feeling so stressed out about all this. Take care.xxxxxxx
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 12:05 PM
My boy is six months and still occassionally has the odd accident in the house,it usually if the weather is bad, he always goes in the same spot though by the back door. Which is washed with washing powder solution.But on the whole he is really good, but I remember Meggie being really clean early and then going backwards for a month or so, and then she has been fine ever since.
My advice is not to make any fuss clean it up,and Icon will get there So sorry life isn't very good for you at the moment, perhaps Icon is worried, they are very sensitive to their humans. I hope the new year brings you more luck. Big hugs to you and Icon xx
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Sorry, I'm going to agree with some of the other posts, there is no doubt that you are stressed about this whole situation and there is no way our dog isn't picking that up. Also if your OH hates him, could it be that she is shouting at him when you aren't there?
If he's stressed that would set him back with his housetraining. If he doesn't like the garden that could also be a problem, it might be better to walk him even if it's only round the block.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Lorna, I read your other thread, I think Icon is under a little stress too, he's only a youngster (6 months) and is probably picking up on all the upset between you and OH. When your both out he's more than likely feeling that you may leave him. Doing what he's doing is getting him attention and although it sounds mad, is probably relieving his tentions from the two of you. Dogs will pick up and he's probably unhappy that your unhappy. I AM SURE once you leave and are settle you will have no more trouble with him, try to be patient with him and things will sort themselves out. I sincerely hope you will be ok and can find somewhere soon. Tell your OH to get off your back PLEASE.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi Lorna first calm down I can feel the tension from here (hug xx) and yes Icon will defiantly be picking up on it and negative body language from the person who dislikes him Stressing won't help you or your situation.

Have you changed Icon's food/feeding time/routine/in the house, if the answer is yes this could affect him also. Is he peeing and drinking more, if so he could have a bladder infection.

It could just be a minor setback, if this is the case I would clean up the area well with biological washing powder and return to taking Icon out as you would a small puppy that means after sleep/play/food/excitement and every hour or so and stay with him until he goes then he should get back on track very soon.

I hope your domestic situation improves very soon...

Edited to add
Lorna I have just read your other post which says this..
but at the moment to tide me over xmas I've taken a job in a local gay bar/club, and I'm working really late hours, last night I got to bed at 4.45am
.. it looks to me as though the job is new ? If this is the case and Icons routine (including the times you are usually at home) have changed this could well be a part of the problem . I would proceed as above but you will also need to give your little one chance to adapt to the new circumstances and fall into a new routine. Also I would make sure Icon is getting a proper walk each day (about half an hour at that age) when he will have chance to empty himself completely,it will also help him to relax when you are out.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
He gets half an hour off lead time, and about 20 mins in the evening road walk. I take him out every half an hour, including after play time, or anything that involves him concentrating eg Kongs - bless!

I've never been great on routines with Icon, as I visit my dad a lot and friends during the day time normally and he's with me. When I'm in work he's sleeping anyway.....

The test will be come jan when he has to go to creche!

No accidents tonight though I was pleased about to say the least

I hope you all don't think I'm a really bad person.....I keep hoping things will be ok, don't think they will though. Hey ho, as they say!

Thank you all for your advice, I will keep everything you've said in mind xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I hope you all don't think I'm a really bad person.....I keep hoping things will be ok, don't think they will though. Hey ho, as they say!

Thank you all for your advice, I will keep everything you've said in mind xxx
Hi Lorna I don't think anyone thinks that about you

I think sometimes we don't appreciate just how perceptive dogs are and how 'changes in circumstances' can affect them . Try to keep calm and not to let outside influences upset you , and enjoy your puppy sadly they don't stay puppies for very long..xx
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Lorna nobody thinks you are a bad person.
You are in a bad situation, that doesn't make you bad

I am sure once you are more sorted out, Icon will be fine. that is good that there have been no accidents, see, stay positive.
Sorry, I know it is easy for me to tell you stay positive

You are both going to get through this tough time, and in a years time you will wonder what was al the worry about Icon.

Good luck, and I hope you and Icon have a brilliant 2008.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Thank you all, I appreciate not only your advice but your support as always xxxxxxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Lorna I don't think anyone thinks that about you

I think sometimes we don't appreciate just how perceptive dogs are and how 'changes in circumstances' can affect them . Try to keep calm and not to let outside influences upset you , and enjoy your puppy sadly they don't stay puppies for very long..xx
OH!WELL SAID MINIHAHA..........ENJOY HIM LORNA
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >