View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I never thought i'd be discussing my "waterworks" on a forum I am peeing more often But thats probably just cos im feeling crappy and sore i imagine???

Ummmm... The pain is copeable (maybe 6?), hence me not insisting for an earlier appointment, but it is constant so is making life difficult. My job involves sitting all day (receptionist) and i cant move around without calling someone to cover for me So its making things annoying there cos it hurts to sit for too long, and as im needing to "pop to the ladies" a bit more often im probably driving everyone mad!! lol

Now there ya, all the gruesome details

ETA - Definately not period pain, i get that for 1 day, agonizing pain! Then it completely goes away. Plus its far too early even for me Will phone doctors on monday and see if they can get me in earlier.

Definately not pregnant (im very careful lol) and um... All waters normal!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Its sounds like a urinary tract infection hun, my mom had one a while ago and it made her feel awful and was quite painful , but i could be wrong , hope you get it sorted soon big hugs xxdk
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Yuk! Nice... Just googled it and it could be i suppose.

Doesn't sound too serious, but apparently it gets worse the longer you leave it?? So maybe pester for earlier appointment
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Jessica, you really need to speak to a medical professional about this. Does your GP have an 'out of hours' service for patients? I think you ought to call them. IN the meantime, keep yourself warm, drink loads of fluids and take paracetamol if you can. x
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 03:59 PM
God no, they dont even work normal hours in the week - 9-4 which is annoying for those of us that work I should be alright til monday though??
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 04:02 PM
OK sweetheart, but if it gets worse then go to A&E. An infection won't get better on its own. Can you get hold of some cranberry juice somewhere?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah i could probably get to the shops and get some.

Will that sort it out??

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Its sounds like a urinary tract infection hun, my mom had one a while ago and it made her feel awful and was quite painful , but i could be wrong , hope you get it sorted soon big hugs xxdk
I agree, sounds like a UTI. Although many stomach aches are never diagnosed and are simply unexplainable?!

I would try and get a urine sample for when you go to the docs (mid stream if possible, although I know it ain't easy! ) and keep an eye on the pain. Try paracetamol as well as an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen (as long as you're not allergic, obviously!), that can help sometimes.

If it goes in to you right loin it could be your appendix, high under your ribcage and into the right hand side of your back could be gallstones/pancreatitis........but I do think it's just a UTI.

Cranberry juice can be good, but just don't take it if you're on Warfarin (anticoagulant) as they're contraindicated. Although I doubt you'd be on Warfarin at your age!

Good luck at the Docs!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Whats Warfarin??

Im not on anything at all so i shall start popping some pills I am prone to stomach problems, i have had several things, like the cyst, and they once thought i had appendicitis but it just went away so we never found out exactly what that was..

But i shall see if they can fit me in monday. Is it classed as an emergency? They will try to fit me in that day if it is, but dont want to cause a fuss over nothing
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Whats Warfarin??

Im not on anything at all so i shall start popping some pills I am prone to stomach problems, i have had several things, like the cyst, and they once thought i had appendicitis but it just went away so we never found out exactly what that was..

But i shall see if they can fit me in monday. Is it classed as an emergency? They will try to fit me in that day if it is, but dont want to cause a fuss over nothing
Warfarin is rat poisoin basically! Given to those prone to DVT to thin the blood and therefore prevent blood clots.

Cranberry juice is really good at fighting infection and produces hippuric acid, in the urine, which acidifies it and prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder.

Try to drink plenty of water too to keep the kidneys working hard and flush out some of the infection.

I wouldn't say a UTI is an emergency, but they'll probably want to put you on Trimethoprim (antibiotic) to get rid of the infection. I would go to the Docs as soon as you can really, just to make sure the infection doesn't spread hun.

Remember to keep an eye on the pain though, if it gets considerably worse quite suddenly I'd give NHS Direct a ring. Although they're about as useful as a choclate fireguard as they'll just send you to A+E anyway!

I had one of those stomach complaints a few years ago, they thought it was my appendix or possible UTI, but by the time I had the USS the pain had gone! So they just sent me home on ABs!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >