View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Spybot does detect Smitfraud but it depends on it's version if it will remove it or not.

The link below will remove Smitfraud (it's free) once done see if you get any pop ups if not then switch off your system restore for c: reboot then switch on system restore. This si done just in case any file from Smitfraud are hiding in your system restore files.

http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe
maddmaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2007, 08:54 PM
becky norton won't pick stuff up like that i had norton on my comp and it let all sorts onto the comp, 2007 noton i found was rubbish it got that bad the comp completly locked up and i had to reinstall the whole of xp from scratch i now run avg and had no probs what so ever. another thing you could try is windows safty scanner, it runs sraight from microsofts website but be warned the first time i used it it took about 4 hours but it cleans the regestry and scans for virus and unwanted programmes
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
The link below will remove Smitfraud (it's free) once done see if you get any pop ups if not then switch off your system restore for c: reboot then switch on system restore. This si done just in case any file from Smitfraud are hiding in your system restore files.
I don't understand that bit, sorry, explain to a numpty please

At the moment I have just had a popup at the top reappear.
Spybot is also busy about every 10 seconds as it is trying to change the registry but is blacklisted.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Spybot does detect Smitfraud but it depends on it's version if it will remove it or not.

http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe
OMG i LOVE YOU. That is Fabulous, ive had 12 months of those pop ups!!!!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 09:45 PM
How did you get it to work?
I've run it, but don't know what to do now?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
How did you get it to work?
I've run it, but don't know what to do now?
Yes I tried it too, and it just froze when it asked me which option to choose
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I just tried a number at a time. i DO have two back today but nowhere near as bad as they were
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2007, 01:28 PM
You choose what option you want to clean even if you ran all of them one by one it wouldn't hurt.

The link is another free smitfraud removel tool Smitfraud removel tool

After you have run the removal tools turn off your system restore this will delete all your saved system settings and get rid of any hidden infected files in your restore folder so any hidden trogens don't regenerate themselves from system restore.

Once you you have rebooted after switching off system restore switch it back on again and make a new resotre point.

Hopefully you will now be pop up free i have not used these tools as i have paid software that protects my system but the first link i provided that was reconmended by Wikpedia
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Yes I tried it too, and it just froze when it asked me which option to choose
Enter what option you want and press enter
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2007, 01:35 PM
You choose what option you want to clean even if you ran all of them one by one it wouldn't hurt.

The link is another free smitfraud removel tool Smitfraud removel tool

After you have run the removal tools turn off your system restore this will delete all your saved system settings and get rid of any hidden infected files in your restore folder so any hidden trogens don't regenerate themselves from system restore.

Once you you have rebooted after switching off system restore switch it back on again and make a new resotre point.

Hopefully you will now be pop up free i have not used these tools as i have paid software that protects my system but the first link i provided that was reconmended by Wikpedia

I dont really undrstand about system restore...i need a idiot guide!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >