Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Star was tried on more foods than I care to remember but was better on bakers.
So was Maddy. She came home on euk and had her first solid poo on bakers.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree with trying foods as all dogs are different, but I think once one is found that you and the dog are happy stick with it as chopping and changing food all the time can do more harm than good. imo
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 01:28 PM
I think that 'cheap' foods are false economy, it usually ends up you have to feed more than double the cheap food than you would say Burns, Euk, AG, RC etc.
Lara'sYorkies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Some people live long and healthy lives smoking 50 fags a day, doesn't mean its recommended......
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lara'sYorkies View Post
Some people live long and healthy lives smoking 50 fags a day, doesn't mean its recommended......
True, but thats their choice and I would not act all "snobby" towards them.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 03:56 PM
I very rarely go to the vets with mine other than for injuries or routine treatment, however, I digress, I still think the 'top' foods are so because they are cheap and bought, in the main, by people who don't really think about their dogs diet.
I do agree that you need to find what suits your dog best but I would not feed Bakers nor own brand to my dogs.
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I very rarely go to the vets with mine other than for injuries or routine treatment, however, I digress, I still think the 'top' foods are so because they are cheap and bought, in the main, by people who don't really think about their dogs diet.
I do agree that you need to find what suits your dog best but I would not feed Bakers nor own brand to my dogs.
Becky
If you wont/have not fed these "poorer" brands how can you say they wont suit your dogs better?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:15 PM
My dogs are and have been on Burns for the majority of their lives, Rosie, my eldest at nearly 10 years old has never had a days illness, vets appointments with her have been routine vaccinations, whelping and then spaying.

Daisy is nearly 8 years old and the same for her......

I changed over for 2 months to a 'cheaper food' and had nothing but problems, with runny eyes etc. So for me I'd rather pay the higher price for a top quality food and have no vets bills.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
My dogs are and have been on Burns for the majority of their lives, Rosie, my eldest at nearly 10 years old has never had a days illness, vets appointments with her have been routine vaccinations, whelping and then spaying.

Daisy is nearly 8 years old and the same for her......

I changed over for 2 months to a 'cheaper food' and had nothing but problems, with runny eyes etc. So for me I'd rather pay the higher price for a top quality food and have no vets bills.
Thats it, you have found a food that has been good for your dogs and stuck with it and when you have changed had problems. Like I said Star was on it and was find, I cant say he never went to the vets though as he was already undergoing regular treatment before he was on it.
He was on royal cannin at one time and was quite bad on it, but I would not say its a bad food as loads of dogs it will suit.

Its when people call/slag off "poorer foods" despite never using them, and the accusing about they do it cos cost is more important that really gets to me.

I also think there is to much put on whats a good/bad diet, dogs years ago were fed on scraps and had less illness.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
If you wont/have not fed these "poorer" brands how can you say they wont suit your dogs better?
Because I used to feed them before I discovered AG lol!
Becky
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >