Female 

09-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks Jules.

You're all so lovely!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Hope he is ok.You did all you could at the time.
Hoping you are feeling a bit better now.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I am thanks Lynn, after browsing Dogsey for a while I'm a lot calmer! I just felt so helpless for the little guy, there was nothing we could do apart from keep him warm and get him to a vet
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:19 PM
you must be very shaken up lorna , but wel done you for helping, where most ppl would not get involved , hope the little guy is ok , and your a bit more settled after your coffee hun xxdk
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm about to have a hot chocolate now. I'm ok now, just so worried about him xx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:54 PM
{{{Hugs}}} to you. It must have shaken you up. You did the right thing letting the other man take him to the vets. If he's doing ok tomorrow maybe you could arrange to call and see him to take some photos of his face in order to get some "Found" poster up round the area that he had the accident. Just an idea.
Fingers crossed for the poor thing.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Awwww , well done for doing what you could to help. I hope the wee dog is ok. One night a couple of years ago , two young boys came running over to me , begging me to help a cat they had just seen run over. I got in my car and my boyfriend at the time held the cat on his lap , and we drove to a vets who I knew was very good. I agreed with the vet that if the owner could not be found , I would pay for the cat's treatment. The following morning , I put notices in the busiest shops in the town , with a full description of the cat , what had happened and where he was. Shortly afterwards , I got a very emotional phone call from the cat's owner , and as she didn't have a car , I arranged to pick her up and take her to the vet. I helped out with transport to and from the vet until he was allowed home , then I took her to the vet to bring him home. The cat was only 9 months old , and had been hit on the head. The vet suspected that he ran into the car head first , and he might have some brain damage. The wee guy made a full recovery and his owner offered me money for helping , which I declined. Your wee doglet friend is in the best place he can be right now. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for him. :smt001
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 09:55 PM
You did great SV your blankets and keeping him warm could have made all the differnce. Keep us updated hope hes ok.
My lots send yu a bit hug for been so brave ((x))
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Thank you all, I really appreciate your kind words I will let you all know what I find out tomorrow, thanks for that suggestion Evie, I will definitely do that if the vet hasn't heard anything or if the lil guy isn't micro chipped going to try and get some sleep now, can't wait for the morning to come to be able to call about him.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >