Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Ooooh spookyyyyyyyyyyyy
I've no idea, foxes sound feasable but let us know if it happens again or if you solve the mystery.
Lara'sYorkies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I bet it was foxes, I was gardening one day and found an old bone that one of the dogs must have buried. I put it on top of this wall thing that surrounds our barbecue (quite high up). I forgot about it but the next morning it have been taken down, chewed into 4 pieces and scattered round the garden! I think it was foxes.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
If the dogs leave their toys out in the garden overnight, the fox's seem to play with them because we find them hidden in the bushes in parts of the garden the dogs don't have access to.
Same here. There are loads of foxes near my dad's house & one day I looked into the field next to my dad's and Max's kong was sitting quite a way into the field.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lara'sYorkies View Post
I bet it was foxes, I was gardening one day and found an old bone that one of the dogs must have buried. I put it on top of this wall thing that surrounds our barbecue (quite high up). I forgot about it but the next morning it have been taken down, chewed into 4 pieces and scattered round the garden! I think it was foxes.
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Same here. There are loads of foxes near my dad's house & one day I looked into the field next to my dad's and Max's kong was sitting quite a way into the field.

I'd expect foxes to take anything even slightly foodie but I didn't know if they would play with toys, would they just do it out of curiosity? There are definitely foxes around here but I didn't think they could scale 6ft fences!

The mystery deepens....

J
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2007, 03:09 PM
A fox can easily scale 6' fences we frequently find one sitting on top of our shed which is about 9' tall He sits there tormenting the dogs they can bark but they can't get anywhere near him
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Na its massive mice humping, lol
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Maybe it's a late-night web-surfer with a Mac! My first Mac could be set to make the sound of a squeaky toy whenever it had an "alert message" - I used to keep the setting because it sent the TZBCs bonkers

Perhaps it's a fox doing some late-night surfing on a Mac....?

Snorri
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Maybe a cat caught a mouse and was playing with it, or it could have been an owl catching a mouse
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Maybe a cat caught a mouse and was playing with it, or it could have been an owl catching a mouse
kobie my cat is a real hunter, he often tortures mice in the garden, they do squeek, but not really that loud, not like a toy would, poss a cat with a vole or similar, duno what noise a rat or whatever would make, the mystery continues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Obviously - mice, rats and voles doing some early rehearsals for their Christmas concert -

Handel's "Mouse-iah"

Snorri
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >