Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
Seeing the pic of your red '66 Beetle has made my day !!My Dad had one almost identical- also red -in about 1962-4 as a company car. ( I was 8-10 years old) He did 100,000 miles in it without a major repair and was awarded a gold watch by VW !!Istill have the watch and it still works- he passed away in 1986 I have many happy memories of our annual family camping holiday to a beach campsite- Mum and Dad, me and brother and all the camping gear on the roofrack- of that Beetle

Cath
aaaawwww its amazing how one little car can touch someone and i'm so glad it has brought back so many wonderful memories for you *hugs* We've spoken to a fair few people on our travels over the last 2 years in the bug and everyone has a lovely heart warming tale to tell of how a bug has touched their lives which is amazing for one small car 100,000 miles Shows what a great little car the bug is and how it never dies Its also amazing to think your dads car could be somewhere out there still going strong and being loved by another generation
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks ! Heres the watch VW gave my Dad for his 100,000 miles in his Beetle !

It still works and its over 40 years old !!

Cath
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2007, 03:03 PM
aaawwww thats beautiful and made in Wolfsburg too the home of the bug Its great to hear its still going strong too, shows the quality of anything VW related
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Yep-VW is great ! My very first car back in 1995 when i passed my test HAD to be a VW- only a C Reg Polo but I got 122,000 miles out of it.Engine was still perfect but floor was rusted through

Cath
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2007, 09:52 PM
That Tramways place looks great..it reminded me a bit of Beamish if you have ever been there. I love these old cars.
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
Yep-VW is great ! My very first car back in 1995 when i passed my test HAD to be a VW- only a C Reg Polo but I got 122,000 miles out of it.Engine was still perfect but floor was rusted through

Cath
I've just shown my other half the pictures of your fathers watch and he said you should make sure you keep it in a safe place as its worth quite a bit of money as they are quite rare especially in working order and are a collecters item
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by elmac13 View Post
That Tramways place looks great..it reminded me a bit of Beamish if you have ever been there. I love these old cars.
The tramway village is a lot like Beamish but on a smaller scale, they have special transport days throughout the year for classic cars & transport, VW's, Minis, Capris, Fords etc.... Great day out if you are into that thing if you are ever in the area and they are also really dog friendly (been given an award for it), great walks for dogs in the woodland around the site and water available
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2